Thread: Tires and nails

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Tires and nails

Any way to help not get as much nails in my tires? I know theyre tiny and what not but ive gotten 5 nails in the past 4 months spread between each tire.
    Theyre 165/65/14
    :’(

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I used to have a 70 mile one way commute and would get 3-4 nails per year. You can't really avoid them, so I kept a compressor and something like this in my car all the time:

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Patch-Pu...664043&sr=8-21

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenaaron66 View Post
    Any way to help not get as much nails in my tires? I know theyre tiny and what not but ive gotten 5 nails in the past 4 months spread between each tire.
    Theyre 165/65/14
    :’(
    Keep your tire psi at 35 (manufacturer recommended). Overinflated tires get better MPG, but are more susceptible to puncture. Also consider a different way to work. I was running mine at 41 psi and just picked up 2 nails in 1 tire, one in the shoulder so couldn't be plugged or patched. Fortunately the 165/75/14 aren't very expensive, and I dropped back to 35 psi; smoother ride, too. There's a tire engineer on the forum somewhere; maybe certain brands/compounds are more prone to pick up nails? Hopefully they will give some input.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 07-19-2021 at 10:57 AM.