Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with service engine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looks pretty crispy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenaaron66 View Post
    Now that ive fixed the abs ring problem, i was driving for 25 minutes on the highway and my gas just stop working. I put the car in neutral to be able to move over into a parking lot. The service engine light came on for a minute then shut off. Im at a loss now with the car. My fiancé wants to get rid of it.
    So the car doesnt shut off, no matter how hard i push, the car just doesnt move or rev or anything. It just stops.
    Its a 2015 mirage
    Now thinking it could be something with the electrical in the transmission.
    Update; i went to autozone and used an engine coder, it said one code.
    Which was: P0796.
    There are different trouble codes being reported. First it was a misfire, now it's a transmission error code.

Transmission problems sometimes include a flashing gear indicator display. Is this the case when your Mirage goes into Limp Mode?

Also, similar problems have been caused by cheap LED lamps and cheap OBD bluetooth devices plugged in that confuse the car's electronics. However, this usually lights more trouble indicators on the dashboard than just the Check Engine Light. Do you have anything plugged into your OBD port, or have any LED lamps installed? The LEDs could have been installed by a previous owner. Though according to your symptoms it's unlikely to be the case.

Troubleshooting over the internet can be difficult and we're all limited here in trying to figure out your problem. If you are unable to make sense of what's going on, it might be best to take it to a competent mechanic who can sort things out.
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-20-2021 at 07:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Might be time to start looking for used CVTs online. Luckily we know for a fact the 2015s can switch out CVT with newer Mirages no problem.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    There are different trouble codes being reported. First it was a misfire, now it's a transmission error code.

Transmission problems sometimes include a flashing gear indicator display. Is this the case when your Mirage goes into Limp Mode?

Also, similar problems have been caused by cheap LED lamps and cheap OBD bluetooth devices plugged in that confuse the car's electronics. However, this usually lights more trouble indicators on the dashboard than just the Check Engine Light. Do you have anything plugged into your OBD port, or have any LED lamps installed? The LEDs could have been installed by a previous owner. Though according to your symptoms it's unlikely to be the case.

Troubleshooting over the internet can be difficult and we're all limited here in trying to figure out your problem. If you are unable to make sense of what's going on, it might be best to take it to a competent mechanic who can sort things out.
    The only thing that was installed in the car is an aftermarket radio.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How much do they run for?
    At this point if i need a whole new cvt at 68k miles, im selling the car. This is way too many problems for only having it for two years.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    How much do they run for?
    At this point if i need a whole new cvt at 68k miles, im selling the car. This is way too many problems for only having it for two years.
    I've seen some for $800 under 50k miles plus another $1000 in labor, that was quoted to me by Aamco when I was calling around just fishing for prices out of curiosity. Both our Mirage CVTs are tip top. You could try changing the CVT fluid 1st before you throw in the towel? Aamco does this for $200. I feel your frustration. Its totally unacceptable for your CVT to fail @ 68k miles, even without fluid changes. You were sold a lemon. Did you buy it at a shady dealership that clears codes knowing there was a ticking time bomb? My sympathies, truly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I've seen some for $800 under 50k miles plus another $1000 in labor, that was quoted to me by Aamco when I was calling around just fishing for prices out of curiosity. Both our Mirage CVTs are tip top. You could try changing the CVT fluid 1st before you throw in the towel? Aamco does this for $200. I feel your frustration. Its totally unacceptable for your CVT to fail @ 68k miles, even without fluid changes. You were sold a lemon. Did you buy it at a shady dealership that clears codes knowing there was a ticking time bomb? My sympathies, truly.
    I bought it at the dodge Chrysler jeep ram dealership. I believe the lemon law is only for the first year. Ive had it for two years.

And thanks for your opinion! I appreciate it

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I bought it at the dodge Chrysler jeep ram dealership. I believe the lemon law is only for the first year. Ive had it for two years.

And thanks for your opinion! I appreciate it
    I forget which used part site is good? It's been posted on here before, one that has CVT7s in abundance. Hopefully you can keep it under 2 grand if you decide it's cheaper to try and fix it. Fummins has had a lot of success pluggin in used CVTs into his Mirage fleet. It's a bitter pill to swallow knowing if you end up doing this, but I think you had the bad luck of the draw when your CVT came out of the factory hopefully a second one would give you another 100k to 150k miles. It's blows my mind it grenaded at 68k miles. I've talked to gig workers well over 100k miles on their Mirages and they didn't even know they had a CVT.