Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 worst interior wear areas after 150,000 km: Seat, dead pedal. Fix suggestions?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yep. Ounce of prevention...

When I drove my 1990 Ford Festiva for 14 years, I somewhat trashed the cheap seats. They were a combination fabric/vinyl, & the vinyl looked bad. I used seat covers to mask it.

I prefer what I am doing now. I am using custom made neoprene seat covers up front on my Mirage. I didn't wait until the seats starting looking bad. As far as side air bags go, there are no concerns there. Custom seat covers are designed for them.

WeatherTech floor mat are expensive, but I bought them to protect my newer Mirage & cover up my more trashed (worn hole in the carpet) Forester front floors at the same time.

If a bought a new vehicle today, I would be ordering new WeatherTech floor mats tomorrow. I like seat covers on my daily driver vehicles like my Mirage. I haven't bothered doing that with my Forester. My Forester is 10 years old. I hope to keep another 10+ years. By that time, the condition of the seats aren't going to matter to anyone.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Attachment 21649

The unfinished edge of that little piece of mat is tucked under the kick panel, so it looks almost factory.
    I think that turned out great. If you're going to sell it, I'd just let it go like that. OR,,, look into a replacement from a wrecking yard if you can find a low mileage wreck. I wouldn't think it would be too much???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    dberry, you genius!

I forgot I scored a FULL set of lightly used original mats for 20 bucks to replace the badly damaged driver's mat.

So I have spare mats to sacrifice to the cause!
    I think I just made an administrator mad

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    From wear & tear, 152,000 km's worth.

I'm lukewarm about seat covers, solely because I don't want an airbag to deploy with a seat cover covering the device. Seems kinda dangerous. Maybe seat covers account for seat airbags?
    I recently put the Dash Designs seat covers in. They have a cut out that fit around the side airbag so it is fully uncovered.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to applezz13 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's interesting that you've got all the same wear spots I've seen in owning 2 of these cars. I personally think the mirage has some of the worst seats used in any car you can buy brand new right now.