Thread: Top spec 2014 Mirage with OEM hubcaps instead of alloys?

Top spec 2014 Mirage with OEM hubcaps instead of alloys?

Name:  sdkdk.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  63.1 KB

Think anyone would notice this Mirage "shouldn't" have these hubcaps on it? Obviously just about every member of this forum would notice, but I suspect normal humans won't.

I'm thinking of selling the car with the 14" wheels & covers that came on my base model Mirage #3.

I'd hang on to the factory 14" alloys (even though they weigh about the same as the factory steelies.)

If someone does notice, I can point out the tires on the steelies are in better shape than the ones on the alloys, so it could be a selling point.

Counterpoint!

I have seen one other Mirage for sale that had the "wrong" wheels on it, and that jumped out at me. I will admit it made me wonder what else was wrong about the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nah, most people buying a cheap car won't give a damn. The alloys make it look a lot nicer.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Outside of this forum, I don't think anyone is going to notice. Alloys "might" be more visually appealing to a prospective buyer but at least in the USA with insane used car prices, people are grabbing whatever they can get ahold of.
    Last edited by inuvik; 07-21-2021 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Syntax

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Again I wish we had the "insane" used prices I keep hearing about in the U.S! At least now that I have a car to sell.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I'm impressed with any 3+ year old Mirage that still has 4 wheel covers in place! And yours are OEM...not something from the automotive accessories aisle at WalMart. So I would give you bonus points for that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Well the bonus points go to the original owner of my Mirage #3, where they came from. She managed to spin them for 174,000 km without losing any. Dodging Ottawa area pot holes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well the bonus points go to the original owner of my Mirage #3, where they came from. She managed to spin them for 174,000 km without losing any.
    Since I know my trim levels, I would feel cheated by you! I would walk away from the deal & not look back!

Just kidding of course!

I prefer steel wheels. I currently have a pair of Dirk's G4 steel wheels on the front of my Mirage and factory ones on the rear. I can move my 8 tires around wherever I want them & just slap a wheel cover on them when I am done.

If someone gave me 8 matching alloy wheels, I would be ok with that, too!

I think Mirage #2 looks good in that pic! Since you live in Canada, they could use the steel rims for snow tires some day & add a pair of nice alloy wheels for the rest of the year, too!

I'm selling it with 4 snows on steelies as well. So they'll be in 8-steelie nirvana like you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm selling it with 4 snows on steelies as well. So they'll be in 8-steelie nirvana like you!
    Now that's a deal!!!!

You're blessed not having to deal with sensors, too!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Since I know my trim levels, I would feel cheated by you! I would walk away from the deal & not look back!

Just kidding of course!

I prefer steel wheels. I currently have a pair of Dirk's G4 steel wheels on the front of my Mirage and factory ones on the rear. I can move my 8 tires around wherever I want them & just slap a wheel cover on them when I am done.

If someone gave me 8 matching alloy wheels, I would be ok with that, too!

I think Mirage #2 looks good in that pic! Since you live in Canada, they could use the steel rims for snow tires some day & add a pair of nice alloy wheels for the rest of the year, too!
    I'm glad my old wheels are working out decent for you!