Thread: Power steering module information

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question Power steering module information

Hello all,

I've been reading through the factory service manual and was wondering if anyone has any information about the brand/make/model of our electronic power steering module? Im also interested if anyone knows of any other vehicles/manufacturers that use the same power steering module? Also does anyone know if it supports ADAS(advanced driver assistance system) where the car computer can preform any type of steering for you(such as lane keep assist)? Any manuals/information/references to how the module works would also be appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello all,

I've been reading through the factory service manual and was wondering if anyone has any information about the brand/make/model of our electronic power steering module? Im also interested if anyone knows of any other vehicles/manufacturers that use the same power steering module? Also does anyone know if it supports ADAS(advanced driver assistance system) where the car computer can preform any type of steering for you(such as lane keep assist)? Any manuals/information/references to how the module works would also be appreciated.
    I don't recall anyone else here looking into making lane keep assist working on these cars. You might be the pioneer on this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20200711_161635.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  80.4 KB

this is the EPS module.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I don't recall anyone else here looking into making lane keep assist working on these cars. You might be the pioneer on this.
    Wouldn't things like lane departure warning & steering assist require extra sensors on the car? I realize the 2021 has emergency assit braking.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wouldn't things like lane departure warning & steering assist require extra sensors on the car? I realize the 2021 has emergency braking assist.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Wouldn't things like lane departure warning & steering assist require extra sensors on the car? I realize the 2021 has emergency braking assist.
    I Believe the 2021 top trim level has lane departure warning. But im mostly interested in finding out if the steering rack can be controlled digitally. Theres a company call comma.ai that makes a dash camera that can drive your car for you but no ones ever done any development to make it steer/drive our particular cars, or any mitsubishi for that matter.