Thread: Nice aluminum tongue box $149.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Nice aluminum tongue box $149.

Princess Auto, a major player up here has some good specials throughout the year. One special I thought was pretty good is this tongue box $149.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/4-3-...t/PA0009091455

Name:  tongue-box.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  65.3 KB

It's not the thickest material but the fit and finish is very good. It has a gas shock for the door. Nicely nickel plated hardware. Harbor Freight has steel boxes, half the capacity and $130-$170. I think the Princess box is a much better buy.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (06-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Hmmmmm. It took me a second to figure out which tongue you were talking about. Trailer tongue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes, that would be a good addition to my utility trailer. I could keep straps, strap accessories, etc, in there. The only issue is, it would add tongue weight to the trailer. No problem for my trucks, but would like to keep it light for the Blueberry. I really need to carry a spare tire with the trailer too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-27-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hmmmmm. It took me a second to figure out which tongue you were talking about. Trailer tongue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes, that would be a good addition to my utility trailer. I could keep straps, strap accessories, etc, in there. The only issue is, it would add tongue weight to the trailer. No problem for my trucks, but would like to keep it light for the Blueberry. I really need to carry a spare tire with the trailer too.
    I kinda groaned about the extra tongue weight till I realized, hey, just move the load a little further back on the trailer. The box weighs 22lbs, my straps are maybe 5 lbs. a 4.80-12 on rim is 16lbs, add 3 lbs for a small hydraulic jack, my tarps are 4 lbs, add 3 lbs. for wheel wrench, my vevor stupid big chain is 20 lb , my spare drawbar and 2" balls add 5 lb. so the total hit is about 78 lbs. I can add a winch and small tractor battery for another 20 lb. hit. That's the limit I think, about 100 lb. It's only 58 lb. if I just load essentials. I can deal with all the stuff in the box easier than needing to swap out all that junk from car to car. I'm going to look into using Dzus fasteners to quick release the box to move it from trailer to trailer.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)