Thread: Best fuel for Mirage/Attrage

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Best fuel for Mirage/Attrage

Apologies if this has already been covered in the forum.

Mitsubishi here in Thailand say that the 1.2 engine can run on almost any fuel 91 or 95 octane or a mixture gasohol. Here we have E10 and E20 which is a 10 or 20% mix of petrol (gas) and ethanol.

Is there any advice on which is the best (or most efficient) fuel. The gasohol is cheaper here so unless there is a problem i would use that.

Does using 91 or 95 octane affect the performance/fuel economy.

Thanks

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I've run my Mirage on various brands of fuel and so far I've noticed nearly no difference. The RON 91 stuff causes the engine to ping very slightly upon heavy load (such as holding high gears while going uphill) compared to RON 95. Otherwise, I didn't see any performance or fuel economy benefits either way. Nearly all fuel here in the Philippines is E10 (there's the rare E85 variant, which the Mirage can't use, at least according to the manual).

The 3A92 doesn't seem to be very picky. Becaues of that I usually go with other practical considerations such filling up with the cheapest fuel, or from a service station that accepts my credit card.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    It's a japanese car ����LoL���� it runs on every oil and probably any octane (in some extreme octane difference the engine will need tuning to remove or lessen the ping). I've run the Mirage on various brands as well, from octane 95, 98, up to 101 with no problems. The engine does run smoother with less noise on higher octane or V-power. I like to keep the engine clean so I almost only fuel up with V-power shell or excellium BP or any premium gas or 98 super plus. in rare occasion I fill up the tank with 95 octane.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)