Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Reports Profit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My bad, I misread/misunderstood. Always in a mad rush during the week!
    No worries at all my friend. I know where you’re coming from so it’s all good.

Except we’ll probably never see this EV from Mitsubishi, which is kind of a shame. It would be nice to see MMNA grow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-30-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Except we’ll probably never see this EV from Mitsubishi, which is kind of a shame. It would be nice to see MMNA grow.
    It'd be nice when my engine dies to give mine a second life as an EV.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    It'd be nice when my engine dies to give mine a second life as an EV.
    Then make a forum Garage entry so we can easily tell what you have and what you’ve done to it.

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Thanks pal. Actually sky blue got me thinking about EV conversions.

I've heard of Pontiac Fieros getting conversions to electric. I think it's a question of money and passion, and what you want to electrify. I think everything can be made into an electric vehicle. At least from what I heard from my friend. I have seen old Mustangs on TV be electrified on the inside, and original looking on the outside.

Just no V8 grumble lol. Maybe that can be faked by some sort of sound technology.

I wonder if this Mitsubishi kei car will be postponed because of the chip shortage. The dealerships are getting pretty bare looking around my area, and I have heard people saying that for months: but now you can really tell.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    EV conversion is right up MetroMPGs alley. Pretty sure he did a EV conversion and called it Forkenswift. Surely he would have some insight on such matters.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had a look at the Forkenswift. No surprise that insurance was the biggest headache. You say rural address and they can start to make a fuss. The trick with insurance is shop around because the prices are wildly different for the same thing, or more for less sometimes.

Anyway I wonder if that Swift has a lot of low end torque with the old forklift motor. I suppose that's the key thing about electric drivetrains driving them, instant power and torque for lifting. I have been in forklift training class 3 times anyways. Anyway that was interesting for sure. Neat to see it can be done on the cheap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'm glad Mitsu is still holding on but I hope their not depending solely on their 2022 Nissan Outlander. I gotta feeling this Rogue re-badge will be as unreliable as the Nissan version.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm glad Mitsu is still holding on but I hope their not depending solely on their 2022 Nissan Outlander. I gotta feeling this Rogue re-badge will be as unreliable as the Nissan version.
    Sadly, the 6-cylinder/6-speed automatic Outlander (that could tow 3,500 pounds) has disappeared.

As long as non-CVT options exist, my money will go elsewhere. If I had to replace my 2011 Forester, a 2021 Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5 would be the only two new ones that I would consider. If I found a mint Honda Element (manual), however, that would probably win me over.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-31-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Name:  0797-2.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  9.4 KB

this is their current all electric mini vehicle, we have this here but very rare most are just donations from mitsubishi they did not sell it but its on display at their local manufacturing plant.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    This is the 2011 Mitsubishi Delica D:2:

Attachment 21771

It has (AFAIK) never been sold in Europe, but we had it's twin sisters Suzuki Wagon R+ and Opel Agila A. Those cars are really smal and narrow. Judging on the pictures, the 'new' Mitsubishi has about the same shape.
    Space Wolf, I somehow missed your post til now, sorry about that.

They look similar shape for sure. So the Mitsubishi AFAIK van is a close cousin to the Suzuki Wagon R+, and Opel Aglia? Hmm Mitsubishi shares platforms with Nissan then, and Suzuki and Opel, so GM as well.

Seems like car companies do a lot of sharing.