Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    so GM as well.
    Indeed. Here's the Chevrolet incarnation:

Name:  640px-Chevrolet_MW.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  58.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    They look similar shape for sure. So the Mitsubishi AFAIK van is a close cousin to the Suzuki Wagon R+, and Opel Aglia? Hmm Mitsubishi shares platforms with Nissan then, and Suzuki and Opel, so GM as well.

Seems like car companies do a lot of sharing.
    I think it's more rebranding, although I don't know where platform sharing ends and rebranding starts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-01-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    This is the 2011 Mitsubishi Delica D:2:

Attachment 21771

It has (AFAIK) never been sold in Europe, but we had it's twin sisters Suzuki Wagon R+ and Opel Agila A. Those cars are really smal and narrow. Judging on the pictures, the 'new' Mitsubishi has about the same shape.
    I'd love for the next generation Mirage to look like and function similar to the Delica. A mini-mini-mini van!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think that small "Chevy" van could be a hit. But they aren't as expensive as a new Traverse. Not even close. I think that's partly the thinking with car companies.

Nissan isn't going to bring a $7,000 new Datsun to our shores. They won't make as much money as someone who cluelessly buys a new $40,000 car every 3 years. They don't want to sell/market to the cheapos, who keep their Datsuns for 12 years. Canada and USA = biggest wallets, but that's not the case for millions of average joes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'd love for the next generation Mirage to look like and function similar to the Delica. A mini-mini-mini van!
    Build a mini-mini-mini van & leave the Mirage as is. I would rather see Mitsubishi create/add a new model to their existing line up. The Eclipse Cross was a disappointment to me. Not saying it's a bad model. It was just wedged between two vehicles they already had.

I want a Mirage hatchback, sedan, convertible, & wagon option. A Mirage wagon wouldn't look all that different from my first car (1978 Honda Civic Wagon). I would buy a Mirage wagon with the same 5-speed manual powertrain. The old Honda Civic wagon only had 63 horsepower. Then again, cars only had to go 55 mph (national speed limit law) back then.

None of that will happen of course. A Mirage Cross may sound better to consumers???

I just think it's smart of some companies to keep cars in their line up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Build a mini-mini-mini van & leave the Mirage as is. I would rather see Mitsubishi create/add a new model to their existing line up.
    Hear hear! Also the Mirage wagon option and call it a Colt. The Mirage should have been called Colt anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hear hear! Also the Mirage wagon option and call it a Colt. The Mirage should have been called Colt anyway.
    I agree! I prefer the Colt name!!!! ​

Plus, there was a Dodge Colt hatchback, Dodge Colt wagon (like I described), and a Dodge Colt Vista Wagon (vehicle like Dirk described) in the past, too! Hatchback, small wagon, & small mini-van all existed at one time, & these vehicles were all made by Mitsubishi!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-02-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Plus, there was a Dodge Colt hatchback, Dodge Colt wagon (like I described), and a Dodge Colt Vista Wagon (vehicle like Dirk described) in the past, too! Hatchback, small wagon, & small mini-van all existed at one time, & these vehicles were all made by Mitsubishi!!!!
    Was the Vista Wagon any good?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I'll second that, or is it third? Yes, the Mirage should have been the Colt. Rich history with that name.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Was the Vista Wagon any good?
    Yes it was good, especially in the 4wd version.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Yes it was good, especially in the 4wd version.
    I never owned a Colt Vista Wagon, but the 4X4 ones were the early version of what later evolved into small AWD SUVs that really took hold (Forester, CR-V, & RAV4).

In many ways the Colt Vista Wagon was more practical. It could seat 7 (small kids/adults in the third row), & the two rows of rear seats could be folded flat (creating a somewhat comfortable sleeping area for two).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU_yyzw5Q3E