Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage Markup Insanity

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Mine is a blue 2020 with 14k miles, 5 speed. Maintenanced like a mo-fo. I guess, I'll let it go for ... hmmmmm, $25k. Any takers?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Reminds me of this gem on craigslists.

Name:  carvana.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  92.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

It's a seller's market out here. I'm wondering if i could take advantage of this situation and upgrade from my 2015 to a 2022 without being financially wreckless?

Then again, i recently got a $17,000 OTD shipped price from White Bear for a new 2022 ES manual hatchback. I know one of the forum members here got a new 2021 ES manual hatchback for $10,000 OTD shipped earlier in the year. That's a $7,000 increase in a matter of months! Yikes.

I thought the Jalopnik article was very accurate. It's been difficult finding the elusive 2017 SE manual i wish i would've bought at $7k-$9k i once was able to find with relative ease.

Over $20k for a Mirage?! Wow!

Name:  Screenshot_20211209-142320.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  97.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    It's been difficult finding the elusive 2017 SE manual i wish i would've bought at $7k-$9k i once was able to find with relative ease.
    David - I tried working deals on new 2017 SE manuals back in early 2017 timing. And even though I could find them, I could never find a dealer that would work out a decent deal. I doubt I knew of White Bear back them. That SE would have been SWEET. Especially if it came with the manual HVAC. I gave up because I didn't want an ES with no cruise.

I looked again in 2020, and noticed the ES's came with cruise. Shopped around again, maybe they were just hitting the bottom of the bell shaped curve increasing in PRICE (not value). I know a valuable vehicle when I see one. So I had to pull the trigger before I lost the chance to get one of the last remaining vehicles of this simplicity. $11,4XX (plus tax, tag, title). I didn't hit the bottom of the price bucket like others have. But I certainly got it before the problems ballooned the price up like it is now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (12-15-2021),inuvik (12-09-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    David - I tried working deals on new 2017 SE manuals back in early 2017 timing. And even though I could find them, I could never find a dealer that would work out a decent deal. I doubt I knew of White Bear back them. That SE would have been SWEET. Especially if it came with the manual HVAC. I gave up because I didn't want an ES with no cruise.

I looked again in 2020, and noticed the ES's came with cruise. Shopped around again, maybe they were just hitting the bottom of the bell shaped curve increasing in PRICE (not value). I know a valuable vehicle when I see one. So I had to pull the trigger before I lost the chance to get one of the last remaining vehicles of this simplicity. $11,4XX (plus tax, tag, title). I didn't hit the bottom of the price bucket like others have. But I certainly got it before the problems ballooned the price up like it is now.
    Cruise control for the Mirage CVT sucks IMO unless you live in flat Florida or the flat mid west. It violently kicks up to 5k rpms on just the smallest of uphill gradients. Maybe the 5speed version is different?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

I had to decide between a 2017 ES or SE manual. White Bear was sold out of both when I bought my Mirage in October that year, but they were willing to find whatever I wanted. Thus, I had to pick one. ES manual was $9,000 and SE was approximately $9,800 (closing costs would have been between $800-1,000). If you qualified for the 3 rebates, a 2017 SE manual was $8,300 brand new. Why weren't car critics shouting this out to the world???!

I called WB on a Tuesday. They found my 1st color choice ES manual within an hour or two. It was delivered to my driveway (4 hour drive from their dealership) that same on week on Saturday morning. I used my local dealership for a test drive & left. I knew their OTD price before visiting them, & WB was about $3,500 less.

If all dealerships were like WB, Mitsubishi would be more popular. Over 4 years later, I still don't know of a good Mitsubishi dealership in my state.

Cruise control is standard on all Mirages since the 2019 model. Since 2017, an ES manual has gained backup camera, Bluetooth, cruise control, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, automatic climate controls, and emergency braking over the past few years.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-10-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Cruise control for the Mirage CVT sucks IMO unless you live in flat Florida or the flat mid west. It violently kicks up to 5k rpms on just the smallest of uphill gradients. Maybe the 5speed version is different?
    Cruise on the 5-speed is very pleasant. No rpm changes (unless one's clutch is slipping). It just pulls the hills at steady rpm.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Cruise on the 5-speed is very pleasant. No rpm changes (unless one's clutch is slipping). It just pulls the hills at steady rpm.
    Dirk has an aftermarket cruise control (Rostra kit maybe) installed on his Mirage, & it may not function as smoothly as the factory installed cruise?

The 2019 ES manual is my dream Mirage! Cruise control became standard for all Mirages that year, & the 2019 Mirage ES still had manual climate controls. It's a one year offering for that combination.

I'm not big on extra features, but cruise control & A/C are nice ones to have on any vehicle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm not big on extra features, but cruise control & A/C are nice ones to have on any vehicle.
    I don't know what you would do without the AC. The thing foggs up so easy and it's the only thing that works.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)