Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mirage Markup Insanity

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Okay so we can all agree prices of new and used Mirages went up like crazy, but so did all other vehicles, correct?

And If the prices of all other cars went up too, doesn't that mean that the Mirage is STILL the cheapest, most fuel efficient non-hybrid new car you can buy?

If the main goal is to buy the cheapest new car on the market today, regardless of hyperinflation and ridiculous high prices, what other choice do you have?

With the Fed's holding interest rates near zero for the next couple of months, wouldn't borrowing money now be the wisest thing to do while the loans are cheap?

Attachment 22515
    This is exactly how I felt when deciding which is the better long term deal. Buy an overpriced but brand new Mirage for $18k otd or a used Mirage with 40k miles and an OTD price of $16k.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (12-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Truth! You aren't going to find a nice, tidy, 180,000 mile 2005 Camry for $3000 right now. They are more like $6000. EVERYTHING is expensive.
    Exactly! And I hope you saved up all your stimulus checks and saved up for the full amount upfront! $$$

It's a sellers market out here!
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-19-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This is exactly how I felt when deciding which is the better long term deal. Buy an overpriced but brand new Mirage for $18k otd or a used Mirage with 40k miles and an OTD price of $16k.
    Yup! Both choices suck! But, which choice sucks less?

New, of course, you about to pop that cherry! But, you will have to finance it (or pay it all upfront). Debt can be used as a financial instrument so use it wisely!

Emphasis on the long term, original owner warranty, accident-free, new everything perfect paint and glass, your maintenance and care, etc.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-19-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    If you are financing you might get a lower interest rate on the brand new car which might make the extra $2k a push or close to it. Plus, it is a NEW car. You get the full-ride warranty, and you don't have to deal with anyone else's shoddy maintenance, dog hair, undisclosed issues, or cigarette burns.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-19-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    If you are financing you might get a lower interest rate on the brand new car which might make the extra $2k a push or close to it. Plus, it is a NEW car. You get the full-ride warranty, and you don't have to deal with anyone else's shoddy maintenance, dog hair, undisclosed issues, or cigarette burns.
    I just hope the seats are somewhat improved.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Truth! You aren't going to find a nice, tidy, 180,000 mile 2005 Camry for $3000 right now. They are more like $6000. EVERYTHING is expensive.
    I have a 2003 Camry (2nd year model of the generation). 175k miles. It has been treated like a cream puff, in the family since 2002 it's birth. It is the best shifting automagic transmission I've ever driven. The shifting is, quick, smooth and appropriately timed under all circumstances. And it is only a 4 speed! Not a 76 speed!

I wouldn't sell mine for $6k. It is one rock arse solid vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-22-2021)