Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Turbo 3a92 makes insane power!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtGearTv View Post
    Million dollar question. I’ve never run boost to this engine without e85. So i’ll say if e85 I feel like 10-12psi is pretty safe. On pump gas detonation will be the limiting factor
    Ive watched your video your first pull alone is already impressive that 128hp is a very big difference compared to 74hp, is that 7psi?i think with that psi its very safe for the engine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    Ive watched your video your first pull alone is already impressive that 128hp is a very big difference compared to 74hp, is that 7psi?i think with that psi its very safe for the engine.
    That’s about 7psi. The wastegate spikes 2 psi higher than where it settles. That 128 in a 1000lb frame feels like a rocket. I’m looking forward to testing out the 181hp

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I cant believe you're pushign 17psi on a car without a build engine. I mean e85 certainly helps but man thats a lot on a stock block. Also what are you using for engine management?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    I cant believe you're pushign 17psi on a car without a build engine. I mean e85 certainly helps but man thats a lot on a stock block. Also what are you using for engine management?
    Yep it’s a bit for high compression. Detonation is the true killer, the e85 is what makes this level of boost safe/possible. It’s all standalone megasquirt, which is the other reason I can make this happen.

What I find interesting is I mostly compete/compare with buggies/builds that use motorcycle engines. Even like these sierra cars with boosted Hayabusa engines. They make huge HP but non of them make great torque like this setup. This is a perfect setup for a mirage or other tiny cars that benefit from the broad torque