Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any sheds used as garages for a Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post

I also wish the Yukon had more lighting, though it does say 10% transparent material. That length also rules out benig able to do any major repairs or unloading cargo from the back hatch. I think it would still be useful for cases where I might want ventilation and would keep the car partially outside the shed. If I buy one I will definitely take a picture. the Duramax should fit easily too, even with 85" wide doors. That's about 18" more than the car, but still more wideness once inside.
    So 9 inches each side max, when you're driving in your Mirage. That's less than a foot each way.

I dunno, that's tight. Honestly you might end up in my situation: and find it too tight to be practical day-to-day.

But if you're talking 2x a year winter storage of your Mirage, different story.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

highwire (08-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    So 9 inches each side max, when you're driving in your Mirage. That's less than a foot each way.

I dunno, that's tight. Honestly you might end up in my situation: and find it too tight to be practical day-to-day.

But if you're talking 2x a year winter storage of your Mirage, different story.
    Keep in mind - a 65.6" wide Mirage is not including the side mirrors, which probably adds about 6" to each side.

If you had an 80" wide door, you're clearing the mirrors by an inch or two on each side. If sober, I think a 95" wide door is adequate.

"The standard garage door width and height can vary by where you live, but is usually: 8 feet wide (96") by 7 feet tall, or 9 feet wide (108") by 7 feet tall for a single car garage door."

My two garage doors are 108" wide, but 96" wouldn't bother me if parking a Mirage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

highwire (08-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The quality of the vinyl shed (this is a shorter model, but seems to be the same material) appears to be quite decent. I am also less than 6 feet and am currently the tallest person in my family https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1I164RoJ1k

6. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    The quality of the vinyl shed (this is a shorter model, but seems to be the same material) appears to be quite decent. I am also less than 6 feet and am currently the tallest person in my family https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1I164RoJ1k
    Looks like a nice shed, but the Duramax 10 x 8 Feet V2 Wood Side Vinyl Shed In Ivory/Brown has 61" wide doors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duramax-302.../dp/B006E9JGBU

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Looks like a nice shed, but the Duramax 10 x 8 Feet V2 Wood Side Vinyl Shed In Ivory/Brown has 61" wide doors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duramax-302.../dp/B006E9JGBU
    Oh, i wasn't referring to that model for car use- I meant that video was useful for a closeup of the wall and build quality- such as the metal roofing support. I was unable to find a youtube video of the 10x15 model, but I assume Duramax uses some of the same materials for on at least some of their multiple products. https://diyshedsworld.com/products/d...12929331626035

One of the things I would need to consider is not only whether it is worth driving with a foot of clearance but whether I want to put the transmission in Park while I get out of the car to open and close the car shed- minor wear and tear, unless I leave the doors open when it is empty, or install a motorized door opener, lol.
    Last edited by highwire; 08-01-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    9 feet wide would be optimal, 8 feet would do it for the Mirage.

I find the electric steering in my Mirage makes me inaccurate with my parking sometimes. Usually I'm pretty good at knowing where my vehicle is at in every other driving circumstance. But the Mirage is kinda floaty and vague. I could end up with scratches on the side pretty fast with my skills. I use my mirrors real good and everything. Something about the way my Mirage handles in low speeds. Maybe it's not the mirage, and it's me I dunno.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)