Thread: Mirror replacement

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Mirror replacement

I had the cover of my left mirror smashed off in a parking lot. Thankfully the mirror is still there.
    I've been driving around without the cover for awhile because the dealer wants $120 CDN for a replacement cover.
    Not an insignificant chunk of change. I'm not even sure a new cover would work as there is damage to the inside of the mirror body. There is a good chance a new cover would even fit properly.
    So I've been looking at going some DIY and replace the mirror.
    I have a 2018 ES and I'm trying to figure out if I can replace the mirror with a heated mirror unit. I know the GT comes with heated mirrors in Canada, and I figure that Mitsubishi would make manufacturing as streamline as possible, so the wiring may be there.
    If a installing a heated mirror unit, like on the GT trim, would work then I'd get both from rock auto. At least then they would match.
    Any one have ideas of information? Is this possible?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentroll View Post
    I had the cover of my left mirror smashed off in a parking lot. Thankfully the mirror is still there.
    I've been driving around without the cover for awhile because the dealer wants $120 CDN for a replacement cover.
    Not an insignificant chunk of change. I'm not even sure a new cover would work as there is damage to the inside of the mirror body. There is a good chance a new cover would even fit properly.
    So I've been looking at going some DIY and replace the mirror.
    I have a 2018 ES and I'm trying to figure out if I can replace the mirror with a heated mirror unit. I know the GT comes with heated mirrors in Canada, and I figure that Mitsubishi would make manufacturing as streamline as possible, so the wiring may be there.
    If a installing a heated mirror unit, like on the GT trim, would work then I'd get both from rock auto. At least then they would match.
    Any one have ideas of information? Is this possible?
    A brief search brought this thread:

DIY: Heated Outside Mirrors Retrofit

Hope it helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    A brief search brought this thread:

DIY: Heated Outside Mirrors Retrofit

Hope it helps.
    I did read that post. Multiple times. Not exactly what I was looking for.
    I guess I was hoping someone could confirm that the required wiring was there to allow me to install mirrors similar to those on the GT trim. Heated mirrors with indicators.
    I guess I will have to open it all up to check.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentroll View Post
    I did read that post. Multiple times. Not exactly what I was looking for.
    I guess I was hoping someone could confirm that the required wiring was there to allow me to install mirrors similar to those on the GT trim. Heated mirrors with indicators.
    I guess I will have to open it all up to check.
    Sorry it’s not the answer you were looking for. At least we know it is possible to add heated mirrors and has been done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)