Thread: Wife gave me permission to make her car fast

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Wife gave me permission to make her car fast

I just recently joined. I have visited here as a non-member a few times to get some info on various stuff on the 2015 mirage DE my wife drives. Recently my wife gave me the ok to "fast and furious" her car and I figured might as well join to share the project and get some insight along the way.

As a general idea this is my plan...
    Sparco seats and harnesses
    Momo wheel
    Roll cage
    Coil overs
    Wheels and tires
    Big Brake kit or replace drum brakes with disks
    Wet nitrous system (at first)
    Turbo (to replace nitrous or as a "hybrid system")
    Cold air (already installed)
    Header back Exhaust
    Sound system
    Functional Aero kit
    Hatch mounted wing
    Ect.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Well I see your wife's is a manual so you don't have to worry about the CVT grenading with all that extra power. Another poster on here turned his Mirage into a IIRC 200HP dune buggy! So it seems possible the 3A92 engine can take the stress well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB32 View Post
    I just recently joined. I have visited here as a non-member a few times to get some info on various stuff on the 2015 mirage DE my wife drives. Recently my wife gave me the ok to "fast and furious" her car and I figured might as well join to share the project and get some insight along the way.

As a general idea this is my plan...
    Sparco seats and harnesses
    Momo wheel
    Roll cage
    Coil overs
    Wheels and tires
    Big Brake kit or replace drum brakes with disks
    Wet nitrous system (at first)
    Turbo (to replace nitrous or as a "hybrid system")
    Cold air (already installed)
    Header back Exhaust
    Sound system
    Functional Aero kit
    Hatch mounted wing
    Ect.
    Hello MJB32 and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like loads of fun. Too bad there’s not much aftermarket performance parts for these cars - it’ll make for more work for your conversion.

Will subscribe for updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    The only thing on the list that would add power would be the nitrous kit / turbo. You'd be money ahead to just buy a faster car. But to each his own. Those guys on here who've done the header report back that they didn't gain power ... at least that's what I remember. Cold air, meh, without the ability to tune the AFRs I doubt it would gain power but I'm not certain on that one. At any rate I doubt one could distinguish a power gain with CAI.

I'm just glad I enjoy the small amount of power the engine makes as is. I'm not knocking you. If anything I would suggest the following: 1) Be very selective what you do to the car, don't make it so that your wife doesn't want to drive it. And 2) be selective of the power mods you do because regardless of what you do it is likely still going to be slow. Seriously, you'd be much better off to not spend one extra dime on the car besides upkeep / regular maintenance, and find some ole Mustang somewhere that you can afford. Plenty of effective to somewhat effective mods available for those cars, and you won't get made fun of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

daleWV (08-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've tried talking my wife into doing something like that already, but she's in love with it and likes the whole underdog no name car... I have another thread started where I'll post what I do.