Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I finally saw one here in my town juicing up at the Racetrac gas station. It was a nerdy old (my age ) lady driving it. It was 2014 or 2015 I'd say, and still looked like it was in good shape. I didn't talk to her. I should have got a picture but didn't think about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw a black Mirage with red aftermarket wheels right here in my hometown of Peachtree City. He left a gas station before I did, but when I left shortly after I did not see him anywhere. Which meant he had to take the direction I was going because it gets out of sight quickly. So I went quickly, and luckily he caught a traffic light and I caught up with him.

It was a 5 speed (he shifted at the same time I did) and had North Carolina tags. Looked like it was in good shape. He seemed to not notice I was there. Pulled up beside him when he went to turn left but I don't think he even noticed me. No pictures, but he's on my dashcam for a ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I saw a black Mirage with red aftermarket wheels right here in my hometown of Peachtree City. He left a gas station before I did, but when I left shortly after I did not see him anywhere. Which meant he had to take the direction I was going because it gets out of sight quickly. So I went quickly, and luckily he caught a traffic light and I caught up with him.

It was a 5 speed (he shifted at the same time I did) and had North Carolina tags. Looked like it was in good shape. He seemed to not notice I was there. Pulled up beside him when he went to turn left but I don't think he even noticed me. No pictures, but he's on my dashcam for a ways.
    You must have been in "stealth Mirage stalker mode" without realizing it at the time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Saw three on our road trip in TN this week. A blue one at Dollywood, one with a dealer tag in the Smoky MTN national park and one at a grocery store in Vonore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    I see Mirages all the time in north Atlanta metro area and even more Outlander Sports. I don't even get excited anymore. I've only seen two 2021 Mirages though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw lots of other Mitsubishi's too. Many more than at home in FL. Ive only seen two mirages at home. When I first saw one, I thought I better research that car. I grew up in Buford.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)