Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I saw a black Mirage with red aftermarket wheels right here in my hometown of Peachtree City. He left a gas station before I did, but when I left shortly after I did not see him anywhere. Which meant he had to take the direction I was going because it gets out of sight quickly. So I went quickly, and luckily he caught a traffic light and I caught up with him.

It was a 5 speed (he shifted at the same time I did) and had North Carolina tags. Looked like it was in good shape. He seemed to not notice I was there. Pulled up beside him when he went to turn left but I don't think he even noticed me. No pictures, but he's on my dashcam for a ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I saw a black Mirage with red aftermarket wheels right here in my hometown of Peachtree City. He left a gas station before I did, but when I left shortly after I did not see him anywhere. Which meant he had to take the direction I was going because it gets out of sight quickly. So I went quickly, and luckily he caught a traffic light and I caught up with him.

It was a 5 speed (he shifted at the same time I did) and had North Carolina tags. Looked like it was in good shape. He seemed to not notice I was there. Pulled up beside him when he went to turn left but I don't think he even noticed me. No pictures, but he's on my dashcam for a ways.
    You must have been in "stealth Mirage stalker mode" without realizing it at the time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Saw three on our road trip in TN this week. A blue one at Dollywood, one with a dealer tag in the Smoky MTN national park and one at a grocery store in Vonore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I see Mirages all the time in north Atlanta metro area and even more Outlander Sports. I don't even get excited anymore. I've only seen two 2021 Mirages though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw lots of other Mitsubishi's too. Many more than at home in FL. Ive only seen two mirages at home. When I first saw one, I thought I better research that car. I grew up in Buford.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    ... and one at a grocery store in Vonore.
    My mother grew up on a farm just outside of Vonore. She went to Vonore High School, which may still be an elementary school now. Vonore is barely a town by today's standards, just think of it 60 years ago. My mother when she was a kid referred to people who lived in Vonore as "city folk." And they considered those Vonore "city folk" to be rich.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My mother grew up on a farm just outside of Vonore. She went to Vonore High School, which may still be an elementary school now. Vonore is barely a town by today's standards, just think of it 60 years ago. My mother when she was a kid referred to people who lived in Vonore as "city folk." And they considered those Vonore "city folk" to be rich.
    Neat. I live in a super small town myself. 300 people. A dollar general, gas station, baptist church and elementary school. No traffic light. It's beautiful up there in that part of TN.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I retire, east Tennessee is first on my list. Your 300 person town sounds G-R-E-A-T. With DeSantis running things down yonder, Florida is looking more and more attractive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With the real estate market going the way it is, I will probably be emigrating to one of these lower cost areas at some point as well. TN has repeatly come up as super low cost of living.

I work in tech, so I could probably swing it so that I am permanently remote as long as I can get fast internet wherever I am living. A life in a place like TN (probably much slower but could fully own my house and land by the time I'm 35) certainly has some attractions versus the Pacific Northwest (beautiful area with tons to do but I would be house poor the rest of my life even with a wacko salary).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I work in tech, so I could probably swing it so that I am permanently remote as long as I can get fast internet wherever I am living

Well, even though I'm in rural Oregon here's a screenshot of my speeds.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 2.12.43 PM.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  35.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)