Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    That yeller is nice on that car. Not sure if I like the new front end better or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I never see Mirage's in my area ... but yesterday I saw two in the next town over! One was driving in the oncoming lane. It looked exactly like mine. I gave them a wave ... they were 100% oblivious to the outside world. Looked like a little old lady. I hate to say it, but the Mirage is a good little old lady car. But it's a good car across the board.

The 2nd one was that purple / red / champagne color ... whatever it is. That color looks quite nice on this car. The yellow, the purple/red, and the light green neon looking color. Not sure which is my favorite ... maybe the green.

The 2nd one looked like it was probably the only way that driver got out of their hooptie, and what a good way to get out of one. I could tell it was an automatic by the driver's stance on the steering wheel and in her position in the seat. She was low, round, with 2 hands all over the steering wheel. No problem with any of that, it just makes it obvious that it is not a manual. Both of these other drivers were just getting it done (props), and were oblivious to my cute little Blueberry.

I had umpteen errands to run yesterday, and the Blueberry was happy to assist, knocking back 43+ mpg in suburban errand duty. Such a great tool for the money.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I never see Mirage's in my area ... but yesterday I saw two in the next town over! One was driving in the oncoming lane. It looked exactly like mine. I gave them a wave ... they were 100% oblivious to the outside world. Looked like a little old lady. I hate to say it, but the Mirage is a good little old lady car. But it's a good car across the board.
    7milesout
    I know we all realize this, but most car guys/gals are not into the Mirage...or any stock econobox for that matter. I have NEVER seen anyone except teenagers or old people driving these things. Obviously that's not the case though, since this forum exists and we're all into automobiles. The thing that makes cars guys see each others ride and aknowledge one another is barely a reality with this kind of vehicle. Those who buy these are just looking for an A-to-B kind of transportation and aren't looking for others who drive the same thing. Most folks wouldn't be caught dead in this....and I'm okay with that but just once do I wish I could get a "hey, look we drive the same under-powered featherweight!" gesture or something.

What's less common than the 6th gen Mirage are the people who are into cars who drive said Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-20-2021),MetroMPG (03-19-2021)

Mirage's are relatively common here, there are 3 Mitsu dealers in town so you're bound to run into one eventually. When I bought mine privately I spotted another one parked up the street from the seller. I see one almost everyday parked about 5 houses down from mine too. My wife accuses me of being mildly to full blown retarded cause I like to point and yell when I see a random one on the road. The Mirage could be the new punch buggy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My wife accuses me of being mildly to full blown retarded cause I like to point and yell when I see a random one on the road.
    Sounds like a whole thread could be dedicated to videos of this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Part of the allure to me is that the vehicle is way under rated, and scarce. It's not like a Camry. Anyone who rates one of those generally love them if not calling the styling rather bland (except for maybe the latest). And every 3rd car you see is a Camry. And yes, I like Camrys as well, and own about the blandest Camry that has ever existed ... but what a car.

No, these are much better vehicles than they are rated to be, and are nearly as rare as hen's teeth (in my area anyway). Certain car reviewers hear, "3 cylinders, 78 hp" and automatically hate it having seen or heard nothing else about it, and will rate it accordingly.

Anyway, I think I have seen 4 so far, in the wild.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Part of the allure to me is that the vehicle is way under rated, and scarce. It's not like a Camry. Anyone who rates one of those generally love them if not calling the styling rather bland (except for maybe the latest). And every 3rd car you see is a Camry. And yes, I like Camrys as well, and own about the blandest Camry that has ever existed ... but what a car.

No, these are much better vehicles than they are rated to be, and are nearly as rare as hen's teeth (in my area anyway). Certain car reviewers hear, "3 cylinders, 78 hp" and automatically hate it having seen or heard nothing else about it, and will rate it accordingly.

Anyway, I think I have seen 4 so far, in the wild.
    Drive up 30 mins to Atlanta and you'll see Mirages all day. Most of the drivers of Mitsubishis in the ATL are old ladies.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, that's what I hear. I may be the only homeowner in Peachtree City that owns a Mirage. There might be a renter or 2 that have one. Most people up in here have to maintain their image. I on the other hand like what I like and don't give a rip what my neighbors may think of me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-05-2021)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-05-2021),MetroMPG (03-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know who but someone where I work has a Red G4 now with a Russ Darrow plate trim.
    Name:  20210216_070222.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  91.1 KB