Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

I had an early cvt and didn't have a problem. My current one has nearly 290,000km(180,000miles) and is still hanging in there but does get finicky now and then. It hasn't left me stranded or caused enough worry to park it yet but it did take a while to trust it enough to take on a drive for more than 20 mins. Besides, most of the cheap used cvt's I priced out over the last year are sold already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We parked (crookedly - not on purpose) next to a mirage even though the owner parked way away from everyone else. As my wife and I were heading back to the garage a guy got into the elevator with us. I thought "Wouldn't it be funny if he was driving the mirage?"
    HE WAS! I asked him how he like it. He didn't have much to say. Probably thought we were stalking him. He complained about the stability but raved on the mpg. Pretty typical stuff.Name:  mirage duo.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  87.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    We parked (crookedly - not on purpose) next to a mirage even though the owner parked way away from everyone else. As my wife and I were heading back to the garage a guy got into the elevator with us. I thought "Wouldn't it be funny if he was driving the mirage?"
    HE WAS! I asked him how he like it. He didn't have much to say. Probably thought we were stalking him. He complained about the stability but raved on the mpg. Pretty typical stuff.
    I desperately try to chat with other Mirage owners every time I see one. Unfortunately, it's not quite the same as motorcycle owners ("You meet the nicest people on a Honda!"). It seems a lot of people who are driving Mirages are driving the car because it's the best they can afford and are maybe a little embarrassed about that. At the very least, very few seem to be into the car as much as I am/we are. Shame, really.

And I've recently driven the car a little bit after adding the Ultra Racing rear sway bar. The difference is shocking. These cars really do roll like barrels stock.

That being said, the added stability has caused me to take some turns faster than I should do, causing the rear wheels to break loose. Maybe that's the reason Mitsubishi had the car so wobbly from factory - to encourage you to take it easy on the super skinny tires?

This morning I had a Mirage go speeding past me. At first glance I thought it was an old rusty swift but nope, it was a white 14-15 Mirage with both rh doors caved in and black smears along the entire side of the car. I liked the zero $hits given look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I liked the zero $hits given look.
    Hilarious! Laughed out loud at this comment...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Late Model Hooptie...

This car appeared to be a 2017 or later. Areas of the paint looked somewhat fresh as to say maybe it could have been a 2019. But it was full of dings, rash, small damage (like it had bumped something), and the interior was cluttered. Looked like a homeless person lived inside.

I parked directly next to it and went inside, leaving my son sitting there in my car. He took the picture. He saw the owner get in and drive away. He said it was as if she didn't know what kind of car she was even driving, nor that one identical (except for color) was parked immediately next to her. Seems like a rear wheel cover was cracked up or just scuffed real bad. And ... the steering wheel had a huge thick cover on it. I don't think I would like the way that would feel in my hands.

Name:  Hooptie.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  90.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Scientific survey: Mirage owners don't care

I did a road trip to Florida last week to deliver an older snowbird friend to her winter nest.

Saw about a dozen Mirages.

5 of them were trashed. Like this one:

Name:  20211111_083313.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  90.9 KB

That only shows about 25% of the total damage on this car. The front passenger door was caved in. The front bumper was cracked & one headlight lens was busted.

But it had nice seat covers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-24-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  20211119_111130.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  94.7 KB

I found my Mirage after SkyNet takes over and it has to travel back in time to warn Sarah Connor.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-25-2021),MetroMPG (11-24-2021)

I hope they got that replacement bumper cover for free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I did a road trip to Florida last week to deliver an older snowbird friend to her winter nest.

Saw about a dozen Mirages.

5 of them were trashed.

That only shows about 25% of the total damage on this car. The front passenger door was caved in. The front bumper was cracked & one headlight lens was busted.

But it had nice seat covers.
    Was the trashed cars in the Atlanta area?