Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey dspace9 good to see you back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Not a Mirage... but I spotted this kinda rare Mitsubishi Galant in a parking lot yesterday.

Looked to be very good shape, and in an unusual baby blue colour. Pretty sharp sedan. I almost never see Galants, particularly this late model. Must be more of them in the USA because they sold Mitsus there before 2004*, unlike in Canada.

Attachment 26076

*I think this is the year they started to sell Mitsus in Canada, but I'm not 100% sure
    I had to look that up. I was sure they sold stuff here in the 80's-90's but I guess it was all rebadged stuff with dodge/eagle/plymouth emblems. Dodge d-50, plymouth laser,eagle summit etc....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-27-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you, Eggman. I'm still driving my Mirage, in fact I am doing a touch-up paint job with my car today. Just fixing some gravel nicks on the hood.

Yea eh Fummins, they built the Eagle Talon side by side with the Mitsu Eclipse at their old plant in Illinois. But never imported "true" Mitsubishis to Canada until after that deal between Chrysler and Mitsubishi was over. I think that was called Diamond Star motors.

Actually I really like the Eagle Talons.

Just a few weeks ago, I had an older co-worker who, when hearing I drive the Mitsubishi Mirage, start telling me about their 80s Dodge Colt. So it wasn't like people didn't know they were driving fake Dodge Mitsubishis.

Sounds like the older Mirages were pretty good cars too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone here own the Ralliart edition I saw at a TacoBell in Cleveland, MS on the rainy night of Feb.10?
    I walked out to my mirage and saw a lone car in the drive thru. I hadn't seen that color scheme before and I stood out in the rain looking at it. The driver probably thought I was some kind of freak who was gonna try to jump in the passenger side although I never got closer than 20 feer from it. I realized today it was probably a Ralliart and Google confirmed my suspicion.