Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    What trim level is that Eggman? The LE?
    I didn’t catch the trim level but by the looks of the badge on the hatch it looks like a Rockford Fosgate edition.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    I am digging the look of those mirrors and rims.
    Me too. You can get black mirrors from Rock Auto and probably find a set of those rims used.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I've spotted 2 in the wild. I should have taken a photo. Someone mentioned in another thread that they liked the look of the pre-2017 models better. I have a 2020. But when I see them side-by-side, I'm not sure but I might agree. The pre-2017s have a certain look and do look very good. Maybe even better than my 2020. Anywho...

1. I saw a gray one on my first drive of the car in PA, on my way home on the interstate. Dude wouldn't even look over, just stubbed up and kept driving.
    2. Just this Wednesday (11/18) I saw another older gray one (this one was all beat up) in the parking lot of Summit Racing when I went to pick up my new sport performance 5 lug super-light-featherweight Formula 1 spec wheels. I parked right next to it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Not a fan of the red plastic trim in the interior, though! Reminds me of 16 year-old kids who "customize" their 15 year-old Civics.
    Haha lol! That's why if I wrap anything on the interior it's all black no crazy colors for me.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I spotted a lot of mirages lately... When I go to work I see a blue one and a black one all the time. I saw a g4 a week ago driving by the grocery store too. There's more mirages than outlanders... The farther you get out of mentor and into the boonies, the more Mirages I see.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I spotted a Purple / Wine colored one this morning in my town of Peachtree City. It looked to be a 2015'ish. I like the front end, they look good. It had no wheel covers, and I sort of liked the way that looked too. It appeared to be a manual (can't say for sure) because the way it left the traffic light (going the opposite direction of me), it seemed to have more get-up-and-go than what I remember the automagic I drove one time had. Anywho - It's the first Mirage I have seen locally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I spotted a Purple / Wine colored one this morning in my town of Peachtree City. It looked to be a 2015'ish. I like the front end, they look good. It had no wheel covers, and I sort of liked the way that looked too. It appeared to be a manual (can't say for sure) because the way it left the traffic light (going the opposite direction of me), it seemed to have more get-up-and-go than what I remember the automagic I drove one time had. Anywho - It's the first Mirage I have seen locally.
    I see Outlanders/Sports/Mirages in Atlanta all the time myself. There is 3 big dealerships in the metro area alone. Bill Holt Mitsubishi, Gwinnett Mitsubishi, and Don Jackson Mitsubishi. What I don't see are Eclipse Crosses. I'm not sure how reliable the 1.5L turbo engine set up is going to be vs the old proven Outlander Sport engine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In PTC there is a covert agenda to waste as much money as is possible on cars to make oneself look rich. I'm trying my best not to fit in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Some guy drives an 18 es orange hatchback in my area that has body damage on all 4 sides with 3 missing hubcaps. Front bumper large dent and hole, passenger side doors creased in and the bottom of passenger door pushed in. Rear bumper pushed up from the bottom. Drivers side 1 hub cap missing dents and scrapes along the front fender and drivers door.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Spotted my first rusty Mirage today.

The local NAPA store has a 2014-15 MY Mirage (delivery vehicle, complete with the goofy hat) and today I saw it putting around like usual but.... I noticed it had a case of the rusties in the rear wheel well near where the metalwork meets the plastic bumper cover.

Next time i'm down near the NAPA store i'm going to snap a pic.

Here in NS, once rust breaks through a fender it's an Automatic Fail for the Bi-Yearly safety inspection.

I'm betting for many Mirages here, that's going to start becoming a big issue... especially if they weren't taken care of or undercoated.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 12-07-2020 at 05:31 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-07-2020)

Yes please, get a pic!

I'll add it to the thread:
    Thread: This is where your Mirage is going to rust out. (Body/chassis corrosion)

That's the first report we've had of rust in that area. I thought you were going to say on the forward part of the rear wheel arch - the dogleg where it meets the rocker panel. Wally's used, high-km 2014 has/had a bit of rust there.

The local NAPA cars are a Versa Note and a Spark. Parts Source has a Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)