Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Hello Dspace9, appreciate your reply. I do alot of shooting around Ripon and indeed worked there for awhile. I have to say, with no disrespect to the natives, it is not too good a place to visit, nothing wrong with the good folk of that locale (apart from they are breathing) but there is very little reason to visit the place except for the catherdral RiponCathedral.org.uk

I would have to say the best reason to go there is to proclaim that You had left it.
    If you do visit the North of the UK I can very very highly recommend York, steeped in history although nowhere near London. It has Viking and Roman history by the bucket load, beautiful city centre with quaint olde world shopping streets and of course York Minster. A wealth of history you'd enjoy so much more than Ripoff, oh, sorry, Ripon..
    VisitYork.org
    London is the epicenter of culture no doubt, but what are your feelings on the best place to see in Wessex or East Anglia?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    One of my personal heroes was Alfred the Great, is there somewhere that celebrates him?

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    London is the epicenter of culture no doubt, but what are your feelings on the best place to see in Wessex or East Anglia?
    Dirk me old mate, I know we have a Duke & Duchess of Wessex but Wessex doesn't exist anymore.
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Wessex

Here is a map of what was Wessex, it stretched across Southern England .
    This site will not allow me to copy & paste the necessary map but you can google it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-17-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    One of my personal heroes was Alfred the Great, is there somewhere that celebrates him?
    We do not have an "Alfred Day" regrettably. He was the one to demolish the Vikings and reclaim the Danelaw, an area of Eastern England ceded to the Vikings to make peace, they reneged and Alfie had his day.

He was responsible for mass education across England, there is an Alfred University (named after Alfie) in New York.
    Last edited by itschad; 09-14-2019 at 11:09 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-17-2019),Eggman (09-15-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    We do not have an "Alfred Day" regrettably. He was the one to demolish the Vikings and reclaim the Danelaw, an area of Eastern England ceded to the Vikings to make peace, they reneged and Alfie had his day.

He was responsible for mass education across England, there is an Alfred University (named after Alfie) in New York.
    He also let the poor old village woman's oat cakes burn! Lol, thank you for the replies. I just thought they might of had a statue or something of the only English king to have a epithet "the great".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (09-17-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    He also let the poor old village woman's oat cakes burn! Lol, thank you for the replies. I just thought they might of had a statue or something of the only English king to have a epithet "the great".
    Yeah, he allowed the cakes to burn whilst in deep thought taking refuge in the Somerset marshes. Legend has it that she bashed up Alfred.
    There is a statue of Alf in Winchester very close to Bath in Somerset.

Why the hell can I not put a screenshot from my phone onto this site, will not let me copy & paste either.... Annoying.:upset
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by itschad; 09-18-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: error

10. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Why the hell can I not put a screenshot from my phone onto this site, will not let me copy & paste either.... Annoying.
    Not sure what you're trying but when making a post, are you using the little icon that looks like a picture? It should work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (09-18-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Not sure what you're trying but when making a post, are you using the little icon that looks like a picture? It should work.
    Thanks Eggman, yes I have previously used "Insert image". The problem I figured is that the screenshot I took off my phone I uploaded to my Chromebook, this forum did not like it. I got a rush of blood and uploaded from my Windows laptop to Dropbox and it worked perfectly. Cannot work that out. Here's what I was attempting. Oh well.
    Attachment 15468

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-18-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yeah, he allowed the cakes to burn whilst in deep thought taking refuge in the Somerset marshes. Legend has it that she bashed up Alfred.
    There is a statue of Alf in Winchester very close to Bath in Somerset.

Why the hell can I not put a screenshot from my phone onto this site, will not let me copy & paste either.... Annoying.:upset
    That is an awsome statue! Although Im thinking a book in his hand instead of a sword would of been more accurate considering his devotion to the early Church and education. Ah well, I hope they dont tear the statue down for being too western and not inclusive enough. Ive seen enough statues being struck down over here in the states.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (09-18-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    That is an awsome statue! Although Im thinking a book in his hand instead of a sword would of been more accurate considering his devotion to the early Church and education. Ah well, I hope they dont tear the statue down for being too western and not inclusive enough. Ive seen enough statues being struck down over here in the states.
    Without the sword there would have been no learning so for me the weapon is appropriate. There is a tendency for some in the UK to be ashamed of our past and to obliterate from memory certain parts of our history. Further I cannot go for fear of getting political and risking a slap upon the wrist.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-19-2019)