Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Wow, that's a hideous paint scheme!
    To have that one has to be brave doesn't one? Whoever dreamt up that colour scheme? Stevie Wonder?
    It may well have been a factory option but I doubt it.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    £400 on Apple carplay?!? Your one cool grandpa! Lol. Still though Im disappointed your not happy with your Mirage. If your not comfortable, there's no point in driving it. I think Mitsubishi needs to make more of an effort for comfort for their UK and European markets. Here in the states, older drivers need more comfort and back support, so many wouldnt even consider a subcompact or compact. I imagine since the majority of passenger vehicles in England are compacts, manufacturers need to up the ante for interior comfort for consumers in your zone.
    Yes I sort of gave the impression that I was pissadointed in the Mirage, now here's the thing, crashing over potholes sounds alarming and positively frightening. Before I went down to London a little over a month ago I breathed in 35psi into each tyre relying on the TPS to alert me to any air loss. Wrong, TPS didn't warn me, upon checking the nearside front (left over here) was down to 30psi hence the crashing. After reinflating said tyre each pothole I encountered I grimaced and awaited the almighty wallop........Didn't happen so ol' Chad is in a happier place right now. Thanks for the "cool" bit, my granddaughter would take you to task on that one. I ain't cool because I cannot abide modern rotten music that she listens to. In fact I'm in a time warp, Stones, Floyd, Eagles, Neil Diamond, Travelin' Wilburys & Fleetwood Mac, now that's music.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thats a crying shame the owner let a rare gem like a 3000GT go to rot. That car is the #1 halo car Mitsu ever produced. Decades ahead of its time in innovation and performance. A pity it wasn't easy nor cheap to maintain. My friend at college, had a black Dodge Stealth, a Mitsu rebadged, that was so awesome to go on road trips with. People just really noticed that design. To this day, it really stands out and has aged well.
    Quite, it certainly is a shame, although it's not my bag to have a sports coupe I just feel that this is a crying shame as they are now pretty rare. This car has no number plate therefore is considered to be abandoned, I'm not sure if the land it's on is adopted by the council, if so the authorities can & will take it away and crush it. Maybe find geezer who dumped it there and crush him.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Well I be, I checked this saddened Mitsubishi on the governments website to see if it's insured, taxed and has a current M.O.T. (m.o.t. is required every year after a car has reached its third year to ensure roadworthiness) Well it is taxed and M.O.T'd which means the owner can be traced, that'll be the last "legal" owner.Name:  Screenshot_20200131-055803.png
Views: 754
Size:  76.1 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I had a mirage, then I realised it wasn't a Mirage but this poor wreck. I decided to take a walk down to the post office and here is a sorry sight. A badly neglected Mitsubishi, I think it's a 3000GT. If this car was put back together properly it'll be well sought after.
    Such a shame, although I've never liked a 2 door sports coupe.Attachment 16977Attachment 16978Attachment 16979
    Yea eh, I was looking at a Dodge Stealth that was for sale once just like that car, but blue paint. The Stealth is an exact clone car of a Mitsubishi 3000GT.

I like the paint scheme. Even if this car will probably never hold even a smidgen of the dollar value that say a '93 Mazda RX 7, in mint condition, has. Or say an early Acura/Honda NSX.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-31-2020 at 10:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yea eh, I was looking at a Dodge Stealth that was for sale once just like that car, but blue paint. The Stealth is an exact clone car of a Mitsubishi 3000GT.

I like the paint scheme. Even if this car will probably never hold even a smidgen of the dollar value that say a '93 Mazda RX 7, in mint condition, has. Or say an early Acura/Honda NSX.
    I dunno about the Dodge Stealth. Excuse me a moment, I'll goggle it.

Yep, same car.

Name:  dodge-stealth-1992-dodge-stealth-other-red_6961634902.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  41.0 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-31-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That was the era when Chrysler owned like 33% or 66% of Mitsubishi, or co-owned or whatever, so they shared platforms. They shared factories as well.

I read that the 2009 era Lancer and the 2009 or so era Dodge Caliber small CUV have the same platform, so the connections between Dodge/Chrysler and Mitsubishi basically continue.

Then you have the Dodge Attitude now, that is a clone of a new Mirage G4 sedan, but called a Dodge. Only sold in Mexico and elsewhere too maybe. We had the Dodge and the Plymouth Colt subcompacts back in the day that were Mirage's and genuine mitsubishi Colts. So the list goes on.

Are you getting news about the ex-CEO of Nissan Mitsubishi, Carlos Gnosn, how he fled Japan and now is in exile in Lebanon? Making the news here in Canada.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-31-2020 at 08:07 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-31-2020)

Caliber shared more with the jeep compass and patriot. They were based off a highly modified form of the gs platform.

I'll just copy and paste lol
    The Caliber uses a heavily modified GS platform, co-designed with Mitsubishi Motors. The modified GS platform is now called the JS platform by Chrysler for mid-size cars and PM/MK for compact cars. It shares a portion of the platform with the Mitsubishi Lancer, but is most similar to the Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That was the era when Chrysler owned like 33% or 66% of Mitsubishi, or co-owned or whatever, so they shared platforms. They shared factories as well.

I read that the 2009 era Lancer and the 2009 or so era Dodge Caliber small CUV have the same platform, so the connections between Dodge/Chrysler and Mitsubishi basically continue.

Then you have the Dodge Attitude now, that is a clone of a new Mirage G4 sedan, but called a Dodge. Only sold in Mexico and elsewhere too maybe. We had the Dodge and the Plymouth Colt subcompacts back in the day that were Mirage's and genuine mitsubishi Colts. So the list goes on.

Are you getting news about the ex-CEO of Nissan Mitsubishi, Carlos Gnosn, how he fled Japan and now is in exile in Lebanon? Making the news here in Canada.
    Yes we have had the news about Ghosn, if he was/is innocent why did he give it legs? Sh?t, if I was falsely accused I'd fight to clear my name. I think he's a wrong 'un. Time will tell I guess.
    The marrying up of car makers is astonishing, I know little about North American motors but Mitsubishi & Volvo got into bed together and produced the Volvo S40 & Mitsubishi Carisma both assembled in Holland (Netherlands) I had two S40's and drove a Carisma, the Volvo was far superior, much better interior, I believe the Carisma was built down to a price to compete. Needless to say it didn't sell well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Driving down I-35 today in Denton

Name:  F74A4483-03D7-4895-B27F-AE5FF0955BE0.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  16.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)