Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Wally - The picture I posted in here a page or two back, my blue one beside the silver one. I went back to that local and it was there again. So when I went inside I asked if it was a worker's. And it was. Of the female type. She is young, probably 20 - 25 years. She and I talked Mirages for a while. I don't think it was a passionate purchase for her. I think it was a "this is all I can afford" purchase for her. But she had grown to like her Mirage.

I'll probably see her again. If given the chance, I'll ask her if she wants to join up in here and post!
    Good idea. I did pass on the forum info during the pandemic to a young couple I met in a drugstore, they had the green one. Only one I have ever seen.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Good idea. I did pass on the forum info during the pandemic to a young couple I met in a drugstore, they had the green one. Only one I have ever seen.
    Dirk, it's too bad you still don't have Ninja Turtle, green has become ultra rare these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Dirk, it's too bad you still don't have Ninja Turtle, green has become ultra rare these days.
    And I've only ever seen 1 pink, early on, say 2015 or so, but not since.

I found a blue 2017 tonight and parked beside it hoping to meet the owners but after 15 mins. I had things to do so I left.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    As much as I like my 2021, I'll never forgive myself for totaling the ninja turtle. That DE came with alot of add ons, including fog lights, rubber door protector, extra chrome everywhere. I'd get compliments all the time about it, parents asking if their kids could sit in it etc. It reflected heat great and was easy to spot in a parking lot. The 1st gen front fascia IMO, is still the best looking. The only thing that sucked was finding parts for a 2014 would of been a pain. Thank you for the shout out. You enjoying the Outlander Sport? That might be my next ride in a few years.

RIP Ninja Turtle.

Name:  20210329_151025.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  98.5 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-13-2023),vintzend (02-12-2023)

RIP Ninja turtle indeed.

I saw an ad for a wrecked green 2014 at a junkyard not too far from here, and the first thing I thought was: "I wonder how much it would cost to swap all the green body panels onto my car..."

---

In Mirage-spotting news, I'm sad to report I did a 220km round trip to the Gatineau hills to go snowboarding today -- including driving through Ottawa -- and didn't spot a SINGLE Mirage.

Sad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Where have all the bright color Mirages gone? They should be as reliable as the other colors, meaning an equal proportion of them should exist. I doubt they are in climate control garages beside McLaren F1s.

My only theory is the brightly colored ones got smashed way more often than the others and that portion of the fleet is just gone for good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I saw a neon green one (whatever that color is called) in my hometown the end of the week last week. It looked quite good. I would have tried to get a picture but we were both moving and quickly out of view.

Then I saw a blueberry, just like mine. With a couple younger black dudes in it, they were rolling in front of me just as I was leaving a gas pump and I gave them a quick toot on the horn. They were cool and gave me the nod of acknowledgement. Then, I saw another Mirage (I think red) down near Macon and the white girl would not acknowledge my existence. In her defense, she probably had no idea what make or model vehicle she was driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Mitsubishi's marketing dept. seem to love the yellow one a lot, nowadays.

I don't remember seeing one in person yet, but I see really few 2020 facelift Space Stars in the wild, so not too surprising.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I've seen a couple. They do look pretty darn good in real life. Not as good as blue though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

vintzend (03-07-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not a Mirage... but I spotted this kinda rare Mitsubishi Galant in a parking lot yesterday.

Looked to be very good shape, and in an unusual baby blue colour. Pretty sharp sedan. I almost never see Galants, particularly this late model. Must be more of them in the USA because they sold Mitsus there before 2004*, unlike in Canada.

Name:  galant.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  72.2 KB

*I think this is the year they started to sell Mitsus in Canada, but I'm not 100% sure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2023),inuvik (10-28-2023)