Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

It's fine...I've noticed a lot of stuff that I need at work being more difficult to come by lately. I'm not ready to go stock up on toilet paper and Mirages quite yet though. Gas prices and lumber prices are coming down at least. Still, way higher than back when....you know what.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    I got stuck on the interstate (bad truck accident) for just over an hour over this past weekend. I was in the slow lane barely rolling and in the middle lane (that lane stopped) was another cute little Blueberry. I slowly rolled up beside it, beeped the horn (it doesn't honk, it just beeps), and the lady looked over at me like I was about to assault her. It took her about 3 seconds and she noticed we were in virtually the same car, then she smiled and waved. Her's was a 21 or 22, based on the front end. I'm guessing she was a genius, like all of us.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-16-2022),MetroMPG (11-15-2022)

I haven't seen another Mirage since the Florida run a couple of weeks ago.

Then yesterday I went to pick up my brother at the Ottawa airport and of course there's one rolling out of the rental car section.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It took her about 3 seconds and she noticed we were in virtually the same car, then she smiled and waved.
    I had that happen once - girl driving another white 14/15 just like mine. We were driving towards one another and I didn't even need to beep to get the smile & wave.

I've waved at more than a few other Mirage drivers in the past and got no response. Nada. Just that one time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Yeah, I waved at a few. But only this one lady waved back. I swear, I think all the other ones I waved at don't even know what kind of car they're driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Spotted at work the other morning. Sorry about the blurry picName:  20221116_071034.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  89.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I came out of Shoppers one night after midnight only to find an identical 2017 wine red parked beside me! At first I went for the wrong car then realized what was up. I looked inside to see the same 5MT and trim. I hung around for a few moments hoping to talk with the owner but I had to get home, my kid was there alone. And what a night to forget my phone so no pic. At least I know there's 1 other wine 2017 in my area.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No pics but whizzing down the road at 70mph I tend to worry about traffic instead of playing Ansel Adams.

Going home from Burlington a Mirage, a color I've never seen whizzed by. I'd call it silver blue, more silver than blue. It did have LED tails so 2017 or newer. They were oblivious to me as I was in the slow lane going about 50mph and I had a 8hp/25" cut snowblower in my aluminum rack. It does make the rear of the Mirage harder to ID from a distance.

The same week, this week, I saw a Mirage pass me. It was the pink job with 2 females. Bright out, clear weather, they went by at 70mph, I was doing 60ish so I decided to catch up to look it over. I did, it looked well cared for (ever see a Mirage with faded or peeling or otherwise bad paint? Me neither) I tooted the strangled duck but it was pointless so I dropped back after a km or so.

I had more than car 1 pass me and turn their heads back to better look over my snowblower on the luggage rack with a mixture of shock, humor and outright fear! The blower does sway left and right as it tries to pivot around the drawbar. I'm now used to it and have no concerns but for a novice watching it looks like the blower will tip enough to catch a corner and all hell breaks lose. HaHa.

I got home and found the specs for the blower and it was listed at 238 lb. The car is really light in the front end. The sensation is surreal. Mitsubishi say NO towing nor bike racks, period using the Mirage. Curt and Drawtite both make hitches rated for 1500 lb. (class 1) according to CarID but rated for 200 lb. tongue/2000 lb. gross according to Amazon. Along comes Ericson with their luggage carriers and my model, the cheapest aluminum job, weighs 18 lb. but Ericson says it's OK to load it to a maximum of 300 lb!!

The takeaway from all of this is that nobody agrees. I don't plan on travelling long distances with the rear carrier loaded to capacity nor with the trailer loaded to the limit of 680 LB. or so. gvwr-curb-me-tare-trailer=allowable load, 3020-2018-150-35-135=682 lb.

You'd be surprised what kind of huge items don't weigh 680 lb. and what small things weigh a literal ton!!

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Check this out!!! I spied it last minute. I wasn't sure at first but it's a Mirage. I wonder i they pulled the trailer in the pic? That's similar to a trailer I was looking to buy but got sold out from under me.Name:  mirage-trailer.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  89.7 KB

THE MIRAGE IN THIS PIC WAS BOUGHT LAST YEAR WITH 11,000KMS FOR $3800!!!!
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 12-20-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    There's not a dealer in my area with Mirages in stock, last I checked. With a full on world economic recession looming, expect to see a lot more Mirages in the future.
    My town's Honda car dealer has seen no new cars since the spring of 2020. Nothing. Their used car Honda certified department never has more that 1 car on hand as they sell before they even hit the lot. I tried to get advance notice of any reasonable condition Fit only to be told, "if it's half decent we keep and sell it, we need something, anything to keep the doors open and our sales force employed," followed by "if it's junk it goes to auction and we still make out like bandits." I used to get decent cars like this, Saturn was especially nice to me. If you know anything about Saturn youName:  IMG_20220616_235121.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  69.6 KB know they had a nice hybrid Vue they would generally sell to me for les than blue book as they knew I would keep on taking them.