Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    So... I was on my street walking home and saw a tow truck in front of my apartment building pulling my car. I was like, wtf???, and ran toward it.... Turned out, it was another Mirage with same color and model, and very similar wheels. How random.
    Whoa there! That's a heck of a shock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Price is Right, original air date 09/07/2020, car went for $16,500 and change. The lady did not win the Mirage. Wine red ES. Drew basically said "Mitsubishi Mir ES"

Name:  mitsubishi mirage pir.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  54.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-09-2020)

Looks like he's having fun!

Nice that the event is on an actual track - all autocross I've seen happens in big parking lots.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Better your Mirage than a homeless shelter. At least you can lock the doors.

Don't forget avoiding homeless shelter bedbugs. Always a plus. Spent 2 years working with homeless vets, and without fail, they pick them up in the shelters. Interestingly, those living on the street didn't have them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Don't forget avoiding homeless shelter bedbugs. Always a plus. Spent 2 years working with homeless vets, and without fail, they pick them up in the shelters. Interestingly, those living on the street didn't have them.
    Lice is an issue with methamphetamine users I noticed at the rehab facility I was working at. Bathing isn't a concern when sleep deprivation and extreme anxiety causes intense hallucinations. We had one patient that was at 72 hours before he came in. This guy looked like he saw the end of the universe. I swear he was sucking in IV bags like a thirsty camel.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    From my understanding, the street isn't an ideal living situation for bed bugs. They like dark contained spaces and not too much movement.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Whoa there! That's a heck of a shock.
    I thought the building manager pulled a stunt and got my car towed! We were in a fight a few days before that.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Saw this G4 on my way out for a bike ride last evening.

A rare sight, I don’t think they sold very well before mitsu pulled the plug on them here.

Name:  652B062C-560A-4C62-BA5A-8E5FDDA727CE.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  100.0 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-16-2020)

I saw my first Mirage today!

Clarification: I saw a Mirage today (a rare occurence in itself), but it was the actual first Mirage I used to own!

I was having my first COVID era restaurant lunch on a patio downtown, and the Fancy Metro puttered past.

This is not a pic from today - this is the pic from back in May of the new owners driving it away back. Many months ago!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (09-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I saw my first Mirage today!

Clarification: I saw a Mirage today (a rare occurence in itself), but it was the actual first Mirage I used to own!

I was having my first COVID era restaurant lunch on a patio downtown, and the Fancy Metro puttered past.

This is not a pic from today - this is the pic from back in May of the new owners driving it away back. Many months ago!
    That’s awesome! How did you know it was yours? Do you live in a fairly small town?