Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mirage is (most likely) the Car for Me

I think that one that twister77 posted looks like the best deal to me. 25,000km for $6100. It's hard to say what trim level it is. It does have the fancy SE wheels on it but those are easy to swap out. If it's a welfare edition and you want it I'd throw a lowball offer and see if it sticks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    Okay so here is a list I have put together on Google Sheets of lots of options. What you can probably glean is that I am going for:

< 100,000km
    A/C
    < $10,000

Manual/automatic doesn't matter a ton to me. I would like to learn manual but I'm completely fine ripping around in one of the CVT ones too.
    Isn't shopping for cars fun! A/C wasn't important to you yesterday, but today it's the only feature you must have. There's nothing wrong with that! Just know which years each Canadian trim level has A/C, & you should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That is a good deal, but what indicates it's not a base model? I get confused on Canadian trim levels.

I thought a Mirage needed to be an ES Plus to get things like A/C in 2015? I thought the ES was the base model in Canada?

Our trim levels have been confusing, too!

2014-15 you had the DE (base trim) or ES. Then in 2017, the ES becomes the base trim level. What's not confusing is all Mirages have A/C here.
    It's got fancy wheels on it. Most people don't know what trim level they have. I recall Wally thought he had a base model and his insurance company paid him out(for an accident or something) as such then he realized he had a higher trim level and actually got money back after the fact iirc?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think that one that twister77 posted looks like the best deal to me. 25,000km for $6100. It's hard to say what trim level it is. It does have the fancy SE wheels on it but those are easy to swap out. If it's a welfare edition and you want it I'd throw a lowball offer and see if it sticks.
    Yeah, it's listed an ES, but doesn't have ES wheels. You can't trust listings (especially on transmissions). Looking at the pics of the car is best, but that listing doesn't offer much.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yo Ho! Yo Ho! Mirage the car for me!

Sorry, tension breaker. Had to be done. Apologies to Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyworld.
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 08-12-2021 at 02:09 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Okay so I have put in an inquiry asking if the $6100 Mirage has A/C or not. I am waiting for a response now.

However my dad pointed out some used Nissan Micras right here in town. There are a few automatics for $10,500 which is too much for me, but I think a test drive might be fun. There is a 2016 manual for $8500 with 62k km. It's the SR version so comes with lots of bells and whistles. It is no where near as good as a deal as the above Mirage, but I think test driving would be fun. From what I've read the Micra is more peppy, so if I do decide to get into street racing as a career instead of electrical I'll have an easier transition.

In all seriousness I think it'll be good to ride around in one of these micro cars to get a feel for them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    In all seriousness I think it'll be good to ride around in one of these micro cars to get a feel for them.
    You’ll be impressed with the power and handling but watch out for their reliability. It may have a larger overall cost over time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    watch out for their reliability. It may have a larger overall cost over time.
    Said every Mirage reviewer.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a British site but Eggman your wariness seems to be well-founded.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/nissan/micra/owner-reviews

In all my reading of the owner reviews of the Mirage I can't seem to remember any mentioning unreliability. The negative ones were all about how it wasn't nice to drive or not good at towing and all that stuff.

This is a British site but Eggman your wariness seems to be well-founded.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/nissan/micra/owner-reviews

In all my reading of the owner reviews of the Mirage I can't seem to remember any mentioning unreliability. The negative ones were all about how it wasn't nice to drive or not good at towing and all that stuff.
    If it makes you feel any better I didn't see any bad reviews from that link mentioning a Canada spec Micra which came with a 1.6L gas engine. Those reviews are all whining about a .9L turbo and some 1.5L diesel.

Nickles had both a Mirage and a Micra at one time I believe.
    My work went with the Mirage over the Micra because of a longer warranty, advertiesed better fuel economy(cvt vs 4spd auto), and a larger hatch opening. Price may have been a factor too. I've never driven a Micra, I assume they'd be quicker and maybe handle better too. I find there are way more base model non-ac Micras for sale compared to Mirage's.