Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mirage is (most likely) the Car for Me

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I always figure a seller is a curber
    I've never heard thst term before, what does it mean?

Also in my systematic quote collecting from 5 insurance companies Sonnet was the clear winner price wise.

Here is my list if anyone is curious. My factors were 23 year old male driving a 2017 Mirage. I have one minor accident on my record (backing into another car in a restaurant parking lot 4 years ago).

Belair Direct: $176.50/month. No individualized plan available.
    Desjardins: $231.67/month. Ajusto individualized plan available.
    TD Insurance: $192.17/month. MyAdvantages individualized plan available.
    Sonnet: $168/month. No individualized plan available.
    Aviva: $202.10/month. No individualized plan available.

When I say individualized I mean those plans where you install an app and they track you while you drive and adjust your rates based on driving speeds, time of day you're driving, and how sudden stops are and whatnot.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    Hey there sorry was away camping!

Good, much better grip than the original Dunlops, and they’re mud and snow rated so they’re better than all seasons but still not as good as true winter tires, but for how much driving I do they’re great. They’re also still LRR like the original Dunlop’s so no noticeable change in fuel economy either.

Only downside of running them year round is they do wear faster in the summer than normal summer/all seasons would, but I got a set of 4 from Quattro for $280, plus the rebate card I got from Kumho, so worked out being $57.88 a tire, taxes included, now just to pay to get them installed…

The new ones I’m installing next week are the “new and improved” version the HA32: I had the HA31s, but hopefully they’re just as good as the old ones were.
    I must have the HA32's then. It's interesting to hear those details. Hopefully Kumho has improved the wear time in summer conditions with the new version. I forget what I paid for my Bridgestones, but I want to say twice as much as for my Kumhos.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    I've never heard thst term before, what does it mean?

Also in my systematic quote collecting from 5 insurance companies Sonnet was the clear winner price wise.

Here is my list if anyone is curious. My factors were 23 year old male driving a 2017 Mirage. I have one minor accident on my record (backing into another car in a restaurant parking lot 4 years ago).

Belair Direct: $176.50/month. No individualized plan available.
    Desjardins: $231.67/month. Ajusto individualized plan available.
    TD Insurance: $192.17/month. MyAdvantages individualized plan available.
    Sonnet: $168/month. No individualized plan available.
    Aviva: $202.10/month. No individualized plan available.

When I say individualized I mean those plans where you install an app and they track you while you drive and adjust your rates based on driving speeds, time of day you're driving, and how sudden stops are and whatnot.
    https://www.belairdirect.com/en/app/automerit.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for pointing that out Fummins, that puts Belair Direct at the top for me. I know with how I drive I can have the price drop significantly. I really appreciate those plans because I am NOT the typical young male driver who's got the older truck and loves to rev the engine and whatnot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    Hey there sorry was away camping!

Good, much better grip than the original Dunlops, and they’re mud and snow rated so they’re better than all seasons but still not as good as true winter tires, but for how much driving I do they’re great. They’re also still LRR like the original Dunlop’s so no noticeable change in fuel economy either.

Only downside of running them year round is they do wear faster in the summer than normal summer/all seasons would, but I got a set of 4 from Quattro for $280, plus the rebate card I got from Kumho, so worked out being $57.88 a tire, taxes included, now just to pay to get them installed…

The new ones I’m installing next week are the “new and improved” version the HA32: I had the HA31s, but hopefully they’re just as good as the old ones were.
    Since the Kumho Solus HA31 & Solus HA32 tires about half the price of Dunlops, I don't think you can go wrong with them. If these Kumho tires are a somewhat LRR tire and have superior traction, I don't see a reason to pay twice as much for the Dunlop tires. Dunlop tires aren't exactly long lasting either.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-14-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another update. Last day on the Victoria trip and it has been a blast.

I have peeked at Kijiji a couple times and I have been spotting some good deals.

The current one in Sudbury is a 2015 Mirage with 85,600km listed at $4000 and the price is negotiable. I got the Carfax and there is one accident back in 2016 that cost ~$200 to repair. The current owner has only had the car since June of this year, which I will ask about. In the listing he said upgrading to a bigger car but it just seems like an awfully short amount of time to own a car. Worth asking definitely, as he just might not like the style or driving noise or something like that.

Jumping up in price, there are plenty of Mirages in the Ottawa area. In particular there is a 2017 G4 for $8888 in Ottawa. I favorited the car on Kijiji and naturally got an email the next day about test driving because the car "still for sale but not for much longer". I will get back and explain that I don't live in Ottawa lol.

There is a 2019 with 50,000km with a Please Call for the price that has been listed for 14 weeks in Ottawa. Definitely worth calling and seeing what's possible, because I'm sure they want to get rid of that thing. Overall lots of good options, excited to get back home and to keep searching in depth.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another update folks. I am going down to see the Mirage in Sudbury soon, most likely on Tuesday. I've got family there so I will ask about a trusted mechanic's shop to take the car to for a look-over. I will ask if he had the alignment checked or not. If not, I should be able to get a lower price because the car is out of warranty, at least the 5 year one that would have covered the replacement/re-alignment.

I have asked all the pertinent questions and I should have answers soon. If all goes well I could have a Mirage quite soon. 85,600 km on it so lots of life left, especially if taken care of. Oh that is one more question - if he has gotten it undercoated or not.

Stay tuned!

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/mits.../#vip=21187826

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another option: I am checking out this 2018 ES+ in Toronto for $9000 with 49,500km. It is being sold by a mechanic shop called Principle Auto. Here is what I have gleaned:

- Minor accident that damaged front bumper. Bumper was replaced. I have asked for the CarFax report.
    - Car has been sitting on the lot for a while. The photos of it have trees in the background without any leaves so this was likely late winter or early spring that they got the car on the lot. So I'm sure I could negotiate
    - In terms of price it started at $9500 but is down to $9000 as it has been sitting a while. I could (maybe) get it for $8000 or more likely $8500.

The shop is very highly rated - 4.8 out of 5 stars from 300+ reviews so it looks like I am dealing with some good people. I will find out more about it.

I'm checking this one out because it is still within the 5 year warranty, and the fact that the 2015 Mirage might have a plugged heater core that would be no fun here where temperatures get as low as -40C in the winter.

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/mits.../#vip=19349910