Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The kindness of our Mirage family is unrivaled. Shout out to K. McKenzie!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

The kindness of our Mirage family is unrivaled. Shout out to K. McKenzie!

Just wanted to share a great story. K McKenzie on Youtube often posts really informative vids about Mirages and Eclipse Crosses. https://youtube.com/channel/UC-cvOclwzJuvOl1q9ntLCfw Check his channel out and subscribe if you want. He adds all kinds of OEM equipment to his Mirage and Eclipse Cross, gives testimonials about how these cars are not deserving of such bad press. I've been watching his vids for a couple of years.

Just this morning he messaged me out of the blue about if I wanted an OEM brand new armrest console. I jumped at it so I could install it in my wife's G4. I offered to reimburse him or ship an OEM steel wheel in exchange but he wouldn't hear of it. He's doing this just out of the kindness of his own heart. Class act if I've ever meet one! We talked about all the other class acts on here, always helping people with their expertise and quick too like Mark, TopFuel, CobraJet, Fummins, Eggman, Foama, AtomicPunk, and many others. I salute you all and you especially K. McKenzie! Name:  IMG_5334.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  89.2 KB

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Alpha_One (08-07-2021),Cobrajet (08-06-2021),Eggman (08-05-2021),foama (08-06-2021),george (08-15-2021),inuvik (08-05-2021),Mark (08-05-2021),MetroMPG (08-09-2021),Top_Fuel (08-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Just wanted to share a great story. K McKenzie on Youtube often posts really informative vids about Mirages and Eclipse Crosses. https://youtube.com/channel/UC-cvOclwzJuvOl1q9ntLCfw Check his channel out and subscribe if you want. He adds all kinds of OEM equipment to his Mirage and Eclipse Cross, gives testimonials about how these cars are not deserving of such bad press. I've been watching his vids for a couple of years.

Just this morning he messaged me out of the blue about if I wanted an OEM brand new armrest console. I jumped at it so I could install it in my wife's G4. I offered to reimburse him or ship an OEM steel wheel in exchange but he wouldn't hear of it. He's doing this just out of the kindness of his own heart. Class act if I've ever meet one! We talked about all the other class acts on here, always helping people with their expertise and quick too like Mark, TopFuel, CobraJet, Fummins, Eggman, Foama, AtomicPunk, and many others. I salute you all and you especially K. McKenzie! Name:  IMG_5334.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  89.2 KB
    I'll second that. K. McKenzie on YouTube is a good channel. Not sure what he does for a living, but he could certainly move into car customization if he wanted to! Ive stolen a couple of his ideas for my own G4, lol. Enjoy that armrest, Dirk.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-05-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I'll second that. K. McKenzie on YouTube is a good channel. Not sure what he does for a living, but he could certainly move into car customization if he wanted to! Ive stolen a couple of his ideas for my own G4, lol. Enjoy that armrest, Dirk.
    My wife will even though she's so short she won't be able to reach it because both her hands have to be on the wheel, but she'll enjoy the added space to store all her crap lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    My wife will even though she's so short she won't be able to reach it because both her hands have to be on the wheel, but she'll enjoy the added space to store all her crap lol.
    If you have the urge to shift you butt on the seat during longer drives, it is good for that! I know I knock the OEM armrest most of the time, but I find my right elbow resting on it. I drive a lot with the window down, rest my left elbow outside, and steer with my left arm. My right arm will find itself on the armrest at times.

Us manual guys don't have both hands on the steering wheel 24/7 anyways.

Very nice gesture on his part to give it to you! I agree with with you, too. Mirage owners on the forum are wonderful people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If it's free...it's for me!

I still have my OEM center console in the box in my closet. So at least I can look at Dirk's pics and remember what it looks like. I'll install it one of these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-05-2021),Eggman (08-05-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'm excited to install it in the G4. I know with the screwed in brackets it won't have the wobble my Amazon one does. I drive with the seat all the way back for ankle comfort so I'll be able to rest my right elbow on it at least. That's my only real complaint about the interior design of the Mirage, besides seat comfort, that the pedals are too close and the steering wheel too far. I imagine Mitsu did this because they thought the majority of owners would be little people and not big galoots like myself.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm excited to install it in the G4. I know with the screwed in brackets it won't have the wobble my Amazon one does. I drive with the seat all the way back for ankle comfort so I'll be able to rest my right elbow on it at least. That's my only real complaint about the interior design of the Mirage, besides seat comfort, that the pedals are too close and the steering wheel too far. I imagine Mitsu did this because they thought the majority of owners would be little people and not big galoots like myself.
    It's not isolated to the Mirage let me tell you, not much you can do either if you know what I mean, if you're really desperate you could get one of these, they told me they are about a couple of thousand dollars though, must be made of gold.

https://www.suregrip-handcontrols.co...ingwheelaccess

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the kind words I really appreciate that. I like helping others and I love buying things lol. I love buying the extras for the Mirages and the OEM accessories. I am glad it will go to good use and someone who is happy to get it. I loved the center console armrest in my 2017 Mirage G4 and my 2015 Mirage which had installed in both. I sit about half way with my seating position.

Now with the 2021 Mirage SE (top trim) it is unable to be put in as it has the fold down armrest attached to the seat. On Mitsubishi Parts they sell an armrest cap so I was hoping to remove the fold down seat armrest and install the center console one hoping that cap was to cover the hole. But when you take it off there is a round metal piece that sticks out a half inch or so that the armrest hooks to in the seat and no way to cover it to my liking and would not like it exposed (perfect lol). The armrest cap is actually for inside the seat armrest under the zipper and covers the bolt head you unscrew to pop the armrest off. But I found a store bin that works perfect and looks almost factory so I have the extra storage and am very happy.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevMcKenzie For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2021),MetroMPG (08-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  CB5CF339-CBB0-4715-AE36-6FCD8D3E0135.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  94.5 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KevMcKenzie For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2021)

Country
    United States