Thread: Rear fuse box - ETACS layout question

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rear fuse box - ETACS layout question

I'm trying to work out what the deal is with the rear of the fuse box, most pictures of it have a cover on and I'm assuming that a motherboard sits in there normally and is plugged into this plug you can see, I was hoping that it was a wired plug coming out of it so that I could wire my own indicator switch, but I'm thinking it's probably a plug soldered to a board.

If anyone has had it open I'd love to know what's normally in there, as you know I'm a bit lazy and don't want to unplug and unbolt my own to look at it.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  65.5 KB

EDIT: Never mind I think I've found proof of it, even though it's a lancer ECU I think this is how it would work with ours. This can be deleted if desired.

Name:  IMG_1323.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  96.1 KB

Last edited by skyblue; 08-06-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    if you wanted to wire in your own indicator you'd probably tap into one of the wires going into the connector on the ETACS. I dont believe stuff like the turn signal indicator switches have their own fuses. Unless you meant that you wanted to power the turn signals directly. If thats the case then you maybe able to use a fuse tap and back feed power through the circuit.

If you can explain what your trying to do a little bit better, maybe we can be more helpful?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah I don't know why I was worried about that plug I don't need to use it at all, cheers, no help required.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I'm trying to work out what the deal is with the rear of the fuse box, most pictures of it have a cover on and I'm assuming that a motherboard sits in there normally and is plugged into this plug you can see, I was hoping that it was a wired plug coming out of it so that I could wire my own indicator switch, but I'm thinking it's probably a plug soldered to a board.

If anyone has had it open I'd love to know what's normally in there, as you know I'm a bit lazy and don't want to unplug and unbolt my own to look at it.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  65.5 KB

EDIT: Never mind I think I've found proof of it, even though it's a lancer ECU I think this is how it would work with ours. This can be deleted if desired.

Name:  IMG_1323.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  96.1 KB
    this is not from a lancer, lancer etacs is black and square, mitsubishi uses the same etacs design with mirage, montero, and xpander but only the outside appearance is the same they have different part no. here if im not mistaken mirage have 3 different etacs, the one that they use on the higher trim is different from the lower trim and the one on the G4 is also different but they have the same appearance and the sockets also match but different part no.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    No idea, I just got the photo from a site that said it was lancer and it looked similar.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...etacs-ecu.html

https://layancraft.blogspot.com/2020...-location.html