Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Illinois

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello from Illinois

Hi, I'm from Ottawa, IL. I just purchased a Thunder Gray Mirage ES CVT. It is my second Mirage, 1st one was a 95 S Coupé. The best car I've ever owned, it was an amazingly reliable car (160,000 miles in 3 1/2 years = 0 problems). I hope the new one can live up to it. So far all I can say it is an AMAZING little car. It has plenty of power, all kinds of options, seats my family fairly comfortably and gets great milage. I'm getting an average of 44mpg combined and its not even broken in yet (That's with 4 people in it!). And holy crap, is it good in the snow! The only downsides I have with it are: A. I'm 6'3" 280lbs and people laugh when I get out of the car, lol. B: At highway speeds it gets a bit squirrelly if there is a wind hitting it at an angle, it is like the wind gets under the rear corner and pushes it. Maybe I need to just get used to it or maybe get a rear sway bar? Anyways, I appreciate the forum. It was a HUGE help in making my decision to purchase another mirage since it is SOOO different than the 95. By the way the 3 cyl sounds sweet, an unexpected plus!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 29.4 mpg (US) ... 12.5 km/L ... 8.0 L/100 km ... 35.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    congrats gator

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kalifornia For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Hi gator,

I'm a tad over 6 foot too and i keep hitting my back on exiting the vehicle, will get used to it over time i'm sure! hoping the ultra racing bars start filtering down into the online market places soon as they should help out the mirage somewhat, even though its already a half decent thing to drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES Sport 1.2 manual: 42.9 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumpchook For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd give it a few thousand miles before deciding on whether or not to get a rear sway bar. For the first 1000 miles, the squirrelliness was really pronounced, but now at the 3000 mile mark I hardly even notice it.

Also, watch out for potholes on the interstate. While the Mirage's suspension handles them like a champ, the rims are a bit easy to bend. After putting a flat spot on the front left rim twice in less than 2 months I've given up on repairing it until spring.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yttrium For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)

Glad you're enjoying the car. Was your '95 Mirage the previous car?

Your mileage in the new one is bound to get better as it breaks in and as the weather warms up, too.

And holy crap, is it good in the snow!
    Post your thoughts on that in this thread: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...riving-in-snow We get a fair number of searches on that subject, so the more info in there, the better.

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, I had the 95 from 95 to 99. I was a carpet installer and drove giant, extended 1 ton work vans until the 2014. It is such a change. Heck, I'm extremely happy with 44mpg (the van I traded for it got 10-13 mpg, 2012 E350 extended), nice to know it will improve even more!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 29.4 mpg (US) ... 12.5 km/L ... 8.0 L/100 km ... 35.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is good for break in mpg. Glad you enjoy it. There are some of the largest American dealers in Chicago Land. Which dealer did you use, if you don't mind asking?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Coronet Mitsubishi in Peru, IL. Great dealership, wonderful experience. They even made sure to setup the Mitsubishi roadside assistance app for my wife and I. If anyone is out this way and has a question about a new Mitsubishi, stop in there and ask for James DeBeck. He was very knowledgeable. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules about advertising, I just can't get over how low pressure the whole experience was, maybe that's just a Mitsubishi thing ;-)

We have very strict rules against telling people about where they received great customer service. We'll let this one pass, just this once!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    welcome and for a bit more stable ride on highway speeds. I highly suggested the front strut bar from ultra racing. Made a noticeable diff in my mirage. more stable and feels more solid on higher speeds

16. The Following User Says Thank You to socal6g For This Useful Post:

gatorleg1 (02-02-2014)