Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where the f$#k is Fummins? Who pissed him off?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Basically spend the last 4 weekends in a row in the middle of bf nowhere. Got 2200km on my Side by side now. Saw a huge linx or bobcat, a big black bear, lots of mountain sheep, deer, and elk.

Getting out and staring at a fire with no cell service sure beats playing on the interwebs anyday. Summer is way too short up here!
    That's what I figured.

I was wondering about it too.

Enjoy the summer while it lasts!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Oh Great Sauron! I lament to thee! Where is our dark lord Sarumon/Fummins? Where is our wizard of the Mirage? The one subcompact to rule them all! I beseech thee! I will sacrifice 3 Chevy Sparks to hear our pleas!
    I wouldn't call it a resurrection or anything, but you did summon Fummins from the abyss today!

Ok, maybe Fummins came back from a mountain top on his Kawasaki Mule, but you know what I mean?

Just the same - it's good to know all is right with the world!

If I were Fummins, I would have let this thread go a little longer. It was almost like observing what people say about you at your own wake.

I'll shut up now!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-10-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, heading back to camp past some "reserve dump" along the side of the road. The bear crossed right behind me, big ******* wasn't afraid of people at all. Didn't see a grizzly this time. Which I was okay with, it was just the kids and I driving around for a few days til we met some new people out at camp.

Yes, bighorn sheep. The lynx or bobcat(I dunno which) crossed our path and took off into the hills. Couldn't get a pic of it quick enough. Other than a Cougar it's the biggest cat I've seen so far. There are a ton of wild horses out there. Some wander through camp and my stupid dog likes to roll in their ****.
    Sheeeeeeit black bear scary enough. I imagine it'd only take second to for one to drop a man with that strength.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I wouldn't call it a resurrection or anything, but you did summon Fummins from the abyss today!

Ok, maybe Fummins came back from a mountain top on his Kawasaki Mule, but you know what I mean?

Just the same - it's good to know all is right with the world!

If I were Fummins, I would have let this thread go a little longer. It was almost like observing what people say about you at your own wake.

I'll shut up now!
    Lol! The power of the great literature of Tolkien. As an educator, I thought you might take note.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol! The power of the great literature of Tolkien. As an educator, I thought you might take note.
    My oldest daughter grew up loving the "Lord of the Rings" series. She taught herself the Elvish language as a young girl (5th/6th grade maybe). I know many parents think their children are gifted, but I had veteran teachers (colleagues) who kept telling me my daughter was gifted.

She started communicating with another boy from Finland who also loved "Lord or the Rings" about this time. Keep in mind - the movies were coming out during this time period, too. Apparently, the Elvish language Tolkien used is very similar to the Finnish language. My daughter married that young Finnish boy that she used to email back & forth as a young girl. He discovered/found my daughter on Facebook (7 years later), while she was living in Chad, Africa. She visited him and his family in Helsinki (September of 2016), got engaged, and they got married the following year (September of 2017). They went to the Tolkien Convention in Iceland for their 2nd wedding anniversary in 2019.

My daughter's father-in-law speaks 5 languages. He wrote an opera that was performed in Helsinki almost a year ago. My daughter wrote the English subtitles for it. She just passed her Finnish exam this past winter. You must be able to speak and write Finnish to be a citizen of the country. She get her smarts from her mother. I am a math/science guy.

Tolkien & "The Lord of the Rings" are part of my family in some ways!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    My oldest daughter grew up loving the "Lord of the Rings" series. She taught herself the Elvish language as a young girl (5th/6th grade maybe). I know many parents think their children are gifted, but I had veteran teachers (colleagues) who kept telling me my daughter was gifted.

She started communicating with another boy from Finland who also loved "Lord or the Rings" about this time. Keep in mind - the movies were coming out during this time period, too. Apparently, the Elvish language Tolkien used is very similar to the Finnish language. My daughter married that young Finnish boy that she used to email back & forth as a young girl. He discovered/found my daughter on Facebook (7 years later), while she was living in Chad, Africa. She visited him and his family in Helsinki (September of 2016), got engaged, and they got married the following year (September of 2017). They went to the Tolkien Convention in Iceland for their 2nd wedding anniversary in 2019.

My daughter's father-in-law speaks 5 languages. He wrote an opera that was performed in Helsinki almost a year ago. My daughter wrote the English subtitles for it. She just passed her Finnish exam this past winter. You must be able to speak and write Finnish to be a citizen of the country. She get her smarts from her mother. I am a math/science guy.

Tolkien & "The Lord of the Rings" are part of my family in some ways!
    Wow that's quite a story Mark! Your child sounds like a great person but I must ask, did she renounce her American citizenship in the process of getting her Finnish citizenship?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow that's quite a story Mark! Your child sounds like a great person but I must ask, did she renounce her American citizenship in the process of getting her Finnish citizenship?
    No, she's applied for dual-citizenship. Does that mean she pays taxes to two countries? I don't know!

She's way smarter than me. I don't worry about her. The only question I would get from her would be - "Dad we need a car. What should we get?"

Even with that I wouldn't be much help. They drive an older Fiat Punto. I know it looks a bit like my Mirage, but I don't know much more than that.

I'm an educated redneck compared to her in-laws. I joke, but it's probably true. Her in-laws love her. She loves them. She's happy there. I miss her, but I prefer this over them living in my basement!

As a dad, I have very little to complain about. As a recently retired teacher, I don't take my great kids for granted!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    No, she's applied for dual-citizenship. Does that mean she pays taxes to two countries? I don't know!

She's way smarter than me. I don't worry about her. The only question I would get from her would be - "Dad we need a car. What should we get?"

Even with that I wouldn't be much help. They drive an older Fiat Punto. I know it looks a bit like my Mirage, but I don't know much more than that.

I'm an educated redneck compared to her in-laws. I joke, but it's probably true. Her in-laws love her. She loves them. She's happy there. I miss her, but I prefer this over them living in my basement!

As a dad, I have very little to complain about. As a recently retired teacher, I don't take my great kids for granted!
    I wasn't aware we could get dual citizenship. I thought there was some foreign policy in the US Gov. saying you could lose your American status if you became the citizen of another country.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wasn't aware we could get dual citizenship. I thought there was some foreign policy in the US Gov. saying you could lose your American status if you became the citizen of another country.
    I really don't know that much about it. This has the United States & Finland on the same list, which I assume is good?

The following countries permit dual citizenship, subject to national laws and rules and restrictions on eligibility. Note that status is subject to change and you are advised to take advice on your circumstances for the most up to date position:

Australia
    Barbados
    Belgium
    Bangladesh
    Canada
    Czech Republic
    Cyprus
    Denmark
    United States
    United Kingdom
    Switzerland
    South Korea
    South Africa
    Egypt
    Greece
    France
    Finland
    Germany
    Iraq
    Italy
    Israel
    Ireland
    Poland
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Kenya
    Mexico
    Sweden
    Slovenia
    Syria
    Serbia
    Armenia
    Thailand
    Lebanon
    Malta
    Spain
    Tonga
    Philippines
    Sierra Leone
    Sri Lanka
    Pakistan
    Portugal
    Turkey

Taken from
    https://www.nnuimmigration.com/dual-citizenship-usa/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    You must be able to speak and write Finnish to be a citizen of the country.
    That RAYSISS! How dare they! Cities should be pillaged and burned!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)