Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold Scoot..... :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    All brands of vehicles should be required to use the same battery packs. Large, lightweight battery packs would be standard size for all vehicles. Instead of stopping for gas, you exchange your battery pack(s) at charging stations.
    That would work so much better, wouldn’t it? If the battery technology was fully developed this might be the solution. Except it might not easily accommodate future developments. And it seems (hopefully?) there’s lots of improvements yet to be made.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Congrats on the new to you Spark.

I'd buy one if the price was right but there aren't any cheap ev's around in these parts. An ev would work fine for most of my needs except for when I forget to charge it...A plug in hybrid would probably work best for me but again they're just too expensive to make sense to me. By the time I recoup the extra money I'd have to spend on a phev or ev the car would likely be ready to be put down. I spend about $60 a month in fuel in my Mirage so there isn't much money to be saved by me. Right now the cheapest ev's I could find are first gen Nissan Leaf with insanely low range requiring new batteries and they want around $10,000 (cad). The cheapest plug in hybrid I found after a quick search was a 3 year old ioniq for $23,000 but only had 10,000kms. I'd take the ioniq over a leaf. I'd prefer a Volt but those are hard to find on the cheap.

I'd like to buy one to learn about how they work, it's only a matter of time before I'm gonna be working on them for a living.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Congrats on the new to you Spark.

I'd buy one if the price was right but there aren't any cheap ev's around in these parts. An ev would work fine for most of my needs except for when I forget to charge it...A plug in hybrid would probably work best for me but again they're just too expensive to make sense to me. By the time I recoup the extra money I'd have to spend on a phev or ev the car would likely be ready to be put down. I spend about $60 a month in fuel in my Mirage so there isn't much money to be saved by me. Right now the cheapest ev's I could find are first gen Nissan Leaf with insanely low range requiring new batteries and they want around $10,000 (cad). The cheapest plug in hybrid I found after a quick search was a 3 year old ioniq for $23,000 but only had 10,000kms. I'd take the ioniq over a leaf. I'd prefer a Volt but those are hard to find on the cheap.

I'd like to buy one to learn about how they work, it's only a matter of time before I'm gonna be working on them for a living.
    Fummins, do you think in the future it will be easier to work and diagnose issues with EVs versus traditional ICE cars?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Fummins, do you think in the future it will be easier to work and diagnose issues with EVs versus traditional ICE cars?
    It should be easier since there’ll be no emissions controls to deal with. Sorry I’m not the person you addressed. Hopefully it’s Ok to chime in…

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new ride, and I hope you got a good deal for your Mirage! You seemed like one of the few members on here who was as much into "car Barbie" as I was, and you definitely put a lot of work into installing trying different accessories over the years. Whoever inherits the car is getting a slick ride!

Dumb question, but can you link to those larger, chrome side markers you were using for a period of time? THey look really nice on the car and I'm interested in getting a set myself if they were decent quality. The OEM chrome ones look really small and out of place to my eye....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I would hope so but not many Mfg's seem to make cars that are "easy" to work on anymore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hate to lose you man. But I know the feeling. I'm letting mine go as well...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update: I still sometimes miss Scoot.

I love my Spark EV though, even though I don't drive it as economically as I could. It's just so damn quick and fun to drive. We like the EV life that we traded in our 4Runner in on a 19 BMW I3 REX, a super cool car too.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    You got a great deal on that Spark. Have you seen the prices of those things on sites like Carvana? Crazy!!! If people could ride in one of those things they would be all over them for $6K!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    You got a great deal on that Spark. Have you seen the prices of those things on sites like Carvana? Crazy!!! If people could ride in one of those things they would be all over them for $6K!
    I know I did I couldn't say no to it, and then I drove it and drove it home.

(blank signature)