Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I sold Scoot..... :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Traded the Spark EV in on a 2019 Bolt EV.. 55k and getting new battery pack next week. Still not missing the gas at all and it's damn quick too. hope everyone is well!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    (blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    ...getting new battery pack next week.
    This is a great situation that not everyone is aware of. EVERY Bolt EV is getting a NEW battery for FREE. If you see a smoking deal on a used Bolt, give it some thought because no matter how old it is, GM is going to put a NEW battery in it. If the used car market wasn't so crazy, this would be a good time to jump on one.

But is it quicker than your Spark EV?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    This is a great situation that not everyone is aware of. EVERY Bolt EV is getting a NEW battery for FREE. If you see a smoking deal on a used Bolt, give it some thought because no matter how old it is, GM is going to put a NEW battery in it. If the used car market wasn't so crazy, this would be a good time to jump on one.

But is it quicker than your Spark EV?!?
    It is.. I clocked to 60 in my spark at 7.2 and 6.3 in the Bolt. It's definitely quicker, among all the other move things about it.
    (blank signature)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-22-2022),Top_Fuel (02-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    What was the root cause to trade the Spark for the Bolt?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    What was the root cause to trade the Spark for the Bolt?
    I could squeeze maybe 80 miles out of a charge. The Bolt I can get 230 without much trouble. I bought the Spark for $6500 and paid cash for it. They have me 11k for a trade in and the Bolt was 20k. I just paid the 9k off. I also knew that the battery wasn't changed, so that was another reason. A brand new battery almost makes a new car. I have a buddy with 204k miles on his and he's also getting a new battery. I have trust in the Bolt. It's also light years ahead in comfort.
    (blank signature)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-22-2022)

Your Scoot (I've learned giving a car nicknames from this very forum) looked a lot like the Space Star that I have on order. Only mine will be red. Love the LED front lights. I think I'll choose fully black rims for my winter tires set as well.

The Spark EV looks like a nice choice, congrats on the purchase! Hope you'll share your longer-term findings (comparisons with the Mirage) still here!

I won't be surprised if my new Space Star will be the last petrol-only car that I'll buy, but time will tell.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Your Scoot (I've learned giving a car nicknames from this very forum) looked a lot like the Space Star that I have on order. Only mine will be red. Love the LED front lights. I think I'll choose fully black rims for my winter tires set as well.

The Spark EV looks like a nice choice, congrats on the purchase! Hope you'll share your longer-term findings (comparisons with the Mirage) still here!

I won't be surprised if my new Space Star will be the last petrol-only car that I'll buy, but time will tell.
    Spark sold, onto Bolt. The Mirage definitely has better build quality and Space than the Spark.
    (blank signature)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

vintzend (02-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Spark sold, onto Bolt. The Mirage definitely has better build quality and Space than the Spark.
    Damn. Just evolving so quickly are we?

How can one confirm if the battery has been replaced or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Damn. Just evolving so quickly are we?

How can one confirm if the battery has been replaced or not?
    It shouldn't be hard to find out from GM. Unless someone replaced it with a used one at some point. You can probably tell if the dealer replaced it because half the bolts are missing and the other half are cross-threaded. That's the typical service I expect Mitsu, ferd and Gm were all crap when it comes to dealer work from what I've seen first hand. The only dealer that didn't dick around and did decent work was a Nissan dealer one town over. Obviously everyone's experience will vary.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-22-2022 at 08:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I could squeeze maybe 80 miles out of a charge. The Bolt I can get 230 without much trouble.
    My opinion was that the Volt was the best electric vehicle concept out there. Does the Bolt use the Volts electric vehicle with an ICE engine as a back-up generator?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)