Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold Scoot..... :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I sold Scoot..... :/

I ended up selling Scoot today. I wanted to get into an electric car and I couldn't pass on the one I was looking for. I picked up a 2016 Spark EV for just over 6k. It's a hoot to drive.. the 327 torque is dialed until about 35 mph and then..vroom, it's quite surprising.

(blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Congrats on the new wheels. $6k for a Spark EV is a great price if you got low miles! I'd probably have done the same.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I ended up selling Scoot today. I wanted to get into an electric car and I couldn't pass on the one I was looking for. I picked up a 2016 Spark EV for just over 6k. It's a hoot to drive.. the 327 torque is dialed until about 35 mph and then..vroom, it's quite surprising.
    Is that just over $6,000 for the Spark EV after the trade of Scoot?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Is that just over $6,000 for the Spark EV after the trade of Scoot?
    No.. I sold Scoot for quite more than Spark and paid cash for it.
    (blank signature)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No.. I sold Scoot for quite more than Spark and paid cash for it.
    Sounds like you did well selling Scoot & got a good deal on your new Spark EV purchase! Congrats!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (08-15-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    How many miles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How many miles?
    48k...
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    48k...
    Do you own other vehicles to compliment the Spark EV?

I am trying to envision how I would use an all-electric car?

If I want to travel to a larger city, they are all pretty much 65+ miles away. I am not making it there & back without a charge.

My parents live 220 miles away. They are getting older, & I visit them more often. I bought a Mirage to save wear & tear on my 2011 Subaru Forester. I value my Mirage for the longer trips more than anything.

This past winter/early spring I delivered 20+ puppies for a friend. Most new puppy owners met me half-way. An all EV vehicle wouldn't have done any of these trips without a charge (most cases several charges). I'd rather paid for gas than waste time charging my car to get somewhere & back home.

Would I use an EV car if I had one? Yes! Would it inspire to me sell my Mirage or Forester? Most definitely not! My Forester does all my trailer needs (it's my pickup truck) & extremely bad winter ridge roads. My Mirage handles most everything else (nearly 54,000 miles that would have gone on my Forester), & a majority of the mileage is longer trips these days.

I am not saying an EV car isn't for everyone. For some, it's a great alternative! I am not against electric cars! I feel owning 2 vehicles is a luxury, but the low cost of buying/owning a Mirage helps justify that a bit. I don't see an electric vehicle replacing what I have. It really doesn't compliment either of my vehicles enough to eliminate them. It falls short on range, AWD traction, & towing capacity.

This should probably be a thread of its own, but how does a limited range electric vehicle fit into your driving needs & do you have other vehicle alternatives?

I am not trying to yank anyone's chain either. I am trying to comprehend why I would buy one some day?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Do you own other vehicles to compliment the Spark EV?

I am trying to envision how I would use an all-electric car?

If I want to travel to a larger city, they are all pretty much 65+ miles away. I am not making it there & back without a charge.

My parents live 220 miles away. They are getting older, & I visit them more often. I bought a Mirage to save wear & tear on my 2011 Subaru Forester. I value my Mirage for the longer trips more than anything.

This past winter/early spring I delivered 20+ puppies for a friend. Most new puppy owners met me half-way. An all EV vehicle wouldn't have done any of these trips without a charge (most cases several charges). I'd rather paid for gas than waste time charging my car to get somewhere & back home.

Would I use an EV car if I had one? Yes! Would it inspire to me sell my Mirage or Forester? Most definitely not! My Forester does all my trailer needs (it's my pickup truck) & extremely bad winter ridge roads. My Mirage handles most everything else (nearly 54,000 miles that would have gone on my Forester), & a majority of the mileage is longer trips these days.

I am not saying an EV car isn't for everyone. For some, it's a great alternative! I am not against electric cars! I feel owning 2 vehicles is a luxury, but the low cost of buying/owning a Mirage helps justify that a bit. I don't see an electric vehicle replacing what I have. It really doesn't compliment either of my vehicles enough to eliminate them. It falls short on range, AWD traction, & towing capacity.

This should probably be a thread of its own, but how does a limited range electric vehicle fit into your driving needs & do you have other vehicle alternatives?

I am not trying to yank anyone's chain either. I am trying to comprehend why I would buy one some day?
    We also have a new 4runner if I feel like going farther.
    (blank signature)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

craigq (08-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We also have a new 4runner if I feel like going farther.
    Toyota 4Runner is an awesome vehicle. I would love one of them, even an old used one!

Sorry for my thinking out loud on the forum. I can really see the value of electric cars in many situations, & they can surely be a compliment to other vehicles. Being single and where I live doesn't make an electric vehicle a good fit for me.

I hope you really like your Spark EV. It is a great deal for an EV!