Thread: Lil' Big Rig the Rescue Rig!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts

Lil' Big Rig the Rescue Rig!

I had a previous post about wanting to haul my son's bedroom to his apartment with the Lil' Big Rig, but had more stuff than would fit into the Lil' Big Rig, so I used the truck. Plus I was concerned about stability at 65+ mph.

Friday night I was just starting to relax at home and I get a call out of the blue. To preface this, my youngest son has been racing bmx since he was 10 years old, he's now 16. The bmx track is right here in town. We have made many friends at the bmx track and see them around town, it is great.

This one boy hung out with us, and I always thought he was nice enough, a bit over-eager with various things. He's older than my bmx son, about my oldest son's age. But he's never had a dad in his life, and his mom seems to be the type that just wants him to go away so she can spend time with her new (soon to be ex-) boyfriend. I've never seen her at the bmx track encouraging him. Anywho, I've found him very respectful and help him out every chance I get.

A couple years ago, I rented a u-haul car transport trailer and drove about an hour and a half to pick him and his broke down truck and brought it back to town. I also transported his golf cart once when it broke down. He's always been very thankful and nice to me. My oldest son knew him from high school and said he was frequently in trouble. Not sure he graduated. Anyway, he's working at Amazon now and doing pretty good. Tried to encourage him on that front.

On to the main event. He calls me out of the blue on Friday night just as I'm settling in. I hadn't heard from him in about a year. He says his cart is broke down again. I hadn't unhooked the little trailer from my truck because I was going to haul away some yard debris on Saturday. I went out and swapped the trailer from the truck to the Lil' Big Rig and me and my youngest son went to where he said he was. We loaded up his golf cart and took them 3 or 4 miles to his house.

In the photo below, I'm in the car, 3 passengers in the back seat. I asked my son to step out and take a picture before we drove away. I had 5 people in the car. The boy had 2 scrawny girls with him. Looked like one he might be dating and maybe her younger sister. The Lil' Big Rig did GREAT! But I only went about 40 mph and maybe 4 miles. I moved the golf cart as far back as it would go and still clear the lift gate. The tongue weight from the trailer wasn't too horrible, but with 5 people in the car, it was fully loaded and them some, I'm sure.

Name:  Rescue Rig.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  98.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

bde269 (09-08-2021),CROSSBOLT (05-28-2022),Fummins (08-24-2021),Top_Fuel (09-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    this is awesome glad you can help I love the little big rig
    you must go slow to go fasssst

check us out and say hi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrU...gkC80APKc3cDrA

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts

The Lil' Big Rig Strikes Again!

I was bad sick Wednesday and Thursday. Finally Thursday evening I felt like getting out. My golf cart was running low on gas, so low, noone would drive it. My youngest son usually drives it to school. We could gas it anywhere, but I prefer to run it with no ethanol. So anyway, I was in the mood to get out. So the youngest son and I drove it out to the gas station, and the spare tank (in case the golf cart plum ran out), and filled them both.

On the way home the golf cart got a flat. So the Lil Big Rig was called into action for another rescue. What a tow rig this sucker is! This was yesterday (5/27) at about 7:30 pm.

Name:  RescueRig2-1.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  97.4 KBName:  RescueRig2-2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  97.9 KBName:  RescueRig2-3.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  96.8 KBName:  RescueRig2-4.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  99.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-27-2022),vintzend (05-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I was bad sick Wednesday and Thursday. Finally Thursday evening I felt like getting out. My golf cart was running low on gas, so low, noone would drive it. My youngest son usually drives it to school. We could gas it anywhere, but I prefer to run it with no ethanol. So anyway, I was in the mood to get out. So the youngest son and I drove it out to the gas station, and the spare tank (in case the golf cart plum ran out), and filled them both.

On the way home the golf cart got a flat. So the Lil Big Rig was called into action for another rescue. What a tow rig this sucker is! This was yesterday (5/27) at about 7:30 pm.

Name:  RescueRig2-1.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  97.4 KBName:  RescueRig2-2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  97.9 KBName:  RescueRig2-3.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  96.8 KBName:  RescueRig2-4.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  99.0 KB
    I didn't know the time change was that great over there. We're over a day behind you.
    I like your trailer plate.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)