Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need transmission filter housing

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Help! Need transmission filter housing

So I am just under 100K miles and was doing a fluid drain and new filter install. However, in my tired state I managed to break my transmission filter housing. I am unable to find a replacement on the web. Perhaps I am not using the right verbage. Can anyone help me find one or a part number/ proper name? Attached is a pic of the part. Name:  Transmission filter housing.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  84.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    You're probably going to have to find a vendor that sells CVT parts. A dealership isn't going to handle something this specific for a CVT. I looked and couldn't find a reference for something like this on any Mitsubishi parts websites.

Here's an example from a CVT parts house in...New Zealand?!?

Name:  housing.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  78.1 KB

I'm not saying this is the exact part you need...I just put this here as an example. But I would imagine a place like this could probably hook you up with what you are looking for (at least they speak English in NZ!). Or look around online for a CVT parts supplier in the US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    You're probably going to have to find a vendor that sells CVT parts. A dealership isn't going to handle something this specific for a CVT. I looked and couldn't find a reference for something like this on any Mitsubishi parts websites.

Here's an example from a CVT parts house in...New Zealand?!?

Name:  housing.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  78.1 KB

I'm not saying this is the exact part you need...I just put this here as an example. But I would imagine a place like this could probably hook you up with what you are looking for (at least they speak English in NZ!). Or look around online for a CVT parts supplier in the US.
    That's an awesome lead for me. Thank you!

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This is from an Australian Mitsubishi parts dept, I don't guarantee that your US numbers will be the same, but I can't see why there would be a huge difference. I would email/contact your local/headquarters dealer they can order quite a bit of gear but it will take time and cost more, you could try and get one from a wrecker as well.

Name:  1.png
Views: 599
Size:  71.3 KB

After a bit of searching I think these people sell them, seems to be a Thai company based on the currency https://www.eggmalltech.com/en-TH/pr...changeRoute=no

Seems to be referred to as COVER,A/T CASE OIL FILTER in most parts websites.
    Last edited by skyblue; 08-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    What broke on the housing? Was it the tab?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any lead helps! Holy frijoles, I think this might be it! Searching the part number (2921A005) form that page has finally got me to a US vendor. That link is a great resource for part numbers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    This is from an Australian Mitsubishi parts dept, I don't guarantee that your US numbers will be the same, but I can't see why there would be a huge difference. I would email/contact your local/headquarters dealer they can order quite a bit of gear but it will take time and cost more, you could try and get one from a wrecker as well.

Name:  1.png
Views: 599
Size:  71.3 KB

After a bit of searching I think these people sell them, seems to be a Thai company based on the currency https://www.eggmalltech.com/en-TH/pr...changeRoute=no

Seems to be referred to as COVER,A/T CASE OIL FILTER in most parts websites.
    Any lead helps! Holy frijoles, I think this might be it! Searching the part number (2921A005) form that page has finally got me to a US vendor. That link is a great resource for part numbers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacgut View Post
    The CVT in the Mirage was also used by Nissan in the Juke & Sentra I believe. Nissan might have a part number and better availability.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If you end up buying one, be sure to report back where you got it and verify what the part number is. You probably won't be the last person to break one of these things!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, thank you to everyone for helping find the right part numbers. Unfortunately I had to order from a few different sites because of order cancellations and discounted supply. However, I was FINALLY able to get the part after a back order from here: https://www.mitsubishioempartsonline...-filt-2921a005. This whole charade took about a month and a half. I hope this helps others in the future.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacgut For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-24-2021),Top_Fuel (09-24-2021)