Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES + (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Singer
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES +
    Black
    Automatic

Ticking engine, hence the name. Car is sitting at around 85,700km, and the dealership said I could get another 100,000km out of the thing before it craps out if I treat it well. I'm gonna shoot for 200,000, because why not? Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll end up in the scrapyard at some point regardless.

Details

CD, radio, Bluetooth, enjoying the sewing machine vibes

Soft as heck and I love it

•  
    Comments: 74 / Views: 27733

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I gave the car a little clean up yesterday - at least under the hood. Just a cloth and a toothbrush were all I needed. Now check it out! It doesn't look new, but I'd say it looks waaay better. I enjoyed it too because I got an introduction to alot of the parts, even if I couldn't actually say the names of any of them. I replaced the engine filter too, because there was a brand new OEM one in the back when I bought it.

I got the oil changed and the CVT serviced - $362! Oh well at least I know it is done now. The guy doing the work showed me where to put the filter when I mentioned I had a new one in the car. He also told me about reaching through the glove compartment to replace the cabin air filter. I might go down to crappy tire today and get one for cheap and try replacing that filter. The car has a very slight musty smell, so I think it may be time for replacement.

I might give it a good wash and wax today too. And thank you Dodge Aries K for mentioning replacing the bumper (I read the story of Basketcase) I wasn't even aware I could do that. That's more of long term project along with adding cruise control. Name:  dirty.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  91.3 KBName:  clean.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  81.9 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Looking good. Also looks like you have the original battery. Might want to keep an eye on that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cam123 (09-02-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Looking good. Also looks like you have the original battery. Might want to keep an eye on that.
    Thanks for pointing that out. It's starting great in the regular summer weather, but that's a good heads-up for winter time. I might get on that now. Thanks again!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Basketcase was a great little car. I miss it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It does look a lot better, good job! I just ordered the Rostra cruise control kit yesterday.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It does look a lot better, good job! I just ordered the Rostra cruise control kit yesterday.
    Thanks! I am definitely going to read up on doing that as a project. I'm going to Canada's Wonderland tomorrow with some friends in my car, so I know I'm going to have to take at least one break to stretch my legs out before we get there. It is making me appreciate cruise control!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K
    The Basketcase was a great little car. I miss it.
    I bet, it looks like you put a lot of love and effort into that little car and keeping it on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    Thanks! I am definitely going to read up on doing that as a project. I'm going to Canada's Wonderland tomorrow with some friends in my car, so I know I'm going to have to take at least one break to stretch my legs out before we get there. It is making me appreciate cruise control!

I bet, it looks like you put a lot of love and effort into that little car and keeping it on the road.
    If you have the es+ (that has bluetooth) I'd highly recommend buying the proper cruise control buttons and attempting to have a competent dealer enable cruise in the etacs module over the rostra cruise. (or buy the stuff and do it yourself).
    I've had both and prefer the oem cruise. Both do the same job but the oem is smoother and nicer to use.
    I'm sure there are write ups about both types on the forum somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cam123 (09-03-2021),Casey (09-03-2021),Eggman (09-03-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got a paint pen today to repair some chips in the paint. I read online that there was somewhere in the car with a code that tells me the color code for the car, but I couldn't find it for the life of me. So I got the universal black one and it seems to look just fine. Of course as soon as I got home I opened up the passenger side door and found the little silver plate with the paint code. Ohhh well.

Also I brought the car in for a safety check. It needs front brake pads and rotors. Other than that it is good to go! Going to bring it to our trusty mechanic outside of town who charges way less because he does all his work from home. Then I bring my car back to OK Tire to be totally certified and we are officially off to the races.

Name:  color code.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  69.3 KBName:  chip.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  78.0 KBName:  paint.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  56.8 KBName:  clear coat.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  56.2 KB
    Last edited by Cam123; 09-03-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My little Mirage has been making a 'tick-tick' noise when I've been driving it around. It appears to be the engine as the sound happens at idle and in neutral. It also speeds up with the rpm of the engine. I asked our mechanic about it when he did the brakes, and he wasn't sure. He thinks it might have something to do with valves but that's just a guess. Nothing is actually wrong with the car right now - it accelerates and idles perfectly. I'm just curious if this is something to worry about or not.

Here's a short video. Sorry about the music, forgot to leave the radio off. The last few seconds offer the clearest hearing of the sound I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjZUjahWX8