Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Singer :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES + (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Singer
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES +
    Black
    Automatic

Ticking engine, hence the name. Car is sitting at around 85,700km, and the dealership said I could get another 100,000km out of the thing before it craps out if I treat it well. I'm gonna shoot for 200,000, because why not? Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll end up in the scrapyard at some point regardless.

Details

CD, radio, Bluetooth, enjoying the sewing machine vibes

Soft as heck and I love it

•  
    Comments: 74 / Views: 27734
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    An update as it has been a while. Singer is still chugging along. The check engine light is on now, but the engine noise hasn't changed one bit. The A/C does not work. The light comes on but even after leaving it running for 3 minutes one day I felt no cooling of the air. Not sure if it's a DIY fix or not, but honestly it doesn't bug me much as I go without AC most of the time when I bike places. I might fix it or get it fixed at some point but not now.

I did get in contact with Mitsubishi a few months ago, like HQ or whatever it's called. The answer was a no, they won't fix the engine under warranty. Ohhh well. As I said it is still ticking along just fine. I'm biking just about everywhere now too, so it's only being driven 2 or 3 times a week, and only ~5km or so each time. Gas prices are not a problem!
    I'd look into having the ac repaired. It is nice to have when it's humid out to help keep the windows cleared.
    As for your engine, if it's knocking like either of my two cars were then I'd book an actual appointment at a dealership and tell them it's using oil and knocks. There's a recall for that. My car even had the recall completed a year prior to me taking my car in and I still got the engine replaced, no questions asked. I had zero maintenance records.

But I'm lazy too, I have a stack of recalls to be done on my current Mirage. I'll take it in one day...

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes at some point I will have to get it fixed. Just procrastinating as I don't drive it much. I just hit the 90,000km mark a few days ago, and I bought it last september at 85,100km. So ~500km a month, and now even less as I just got a full time job at a place close enough to bike to. Not to mention I drive it like a grandma going to get groceries on a sunday after church when I do drive it. Lol! I might give that a try though. It knocks but it doesn't burn oil, I check every week or so just to see. No burning, just clicking.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Singer hit 100,000km a couple months ago! Considering I have had the car for over 2 years now, I'm averaging about 7500km per year.

Still ticking, but still driving. My girlfriend loves the thing. Don't let anyone tell you the ladies won't love a Mirage - the right one will

I just got it undercoated again. The car was short a liter of oil according to my mechanic, so he topped it off for no additional charge. Nice guy - but I wonder why oil is disappearing. He said it likely isn't a leak, and that the engine might be burning oil.

I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on oil level than I have been recently.

As for overall performance, I am still in love. In the past few months Singer has been loaded up with all my welding gear, 15 music stands, a bike and all my personal possessions, 3 bales of hay, and more. I will make a post in the appropriate forum with pics!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Singer hit 100,000km a couple months ago! Considering I have had the car for over 2 years now, I'm averaging about 7500km per year.

Still ticking, but still driving. My girlfriend loves the thing. Don't let anyone tell you the ladies won't love a Mirage - the right one will

I just got it undercoated again. The car was short a liter of oil according to my mechanic, so he topped it off for no additional charge. Nice guy - but I wonder why oil is disappearing. He said it likely isn't a leak, and that the engine might be burning oil.

As for overall performance, I am still in love. In the past few months Singer has been loaded up with all my welding gear, 15 music stands, a bike and all my personal possessions, 3 bales of hay, and more. I will make a post in the appropriate forum with pics!

Glad to hear your Mirage is still ticking away! Would love to see the pictures of stuff you've crammed into your Mirage. Here's the thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-G4-Space-Star

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I'd still try to get an engine. My previous car was pretty clacky. I called a dealer, booked it in complaining that the engine was noisy, and said it used oil. They called the next day and said they were replacing it. They didn't say if it was under the recall or warranty(and I didn't ask). They didn't ask for any service records. I figured worst case they charge me an hour of labor to diagnose and then say it's not covered but it worked out. I put off taking it in for about a year.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)