Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES + (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Singer
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES +
    Black
    Automatic

Ticking engine, hence the name. Car is sitting at around 85,700km, and the dealership said I could get another 100,000km out of the thing before it craps out if I treat it well. I'm gonna shoot for 200,000, because why not? Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll end up in the scrapyard at some point regardless.

Details

CD, radio, Bluetooth, enjoying the sewing machine vibes

Soft as heck and I love it

•  
    Comments: 74 / Views: 27732
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    Okay so Singer is off to the dealership tomorrow. I called and told her my situation - 2015 Mirage, engine ticking, blah blah. Tomorrow at 12:30 she'll take a look at it. I'm going to make clear when I get there that I don't have a bunch of cash so any repair won't be at least for a few weeks until I'm back working again. She was very friendly which is always good.

Just for fun I did some more paint touch ups with the pen. I really like that thing. I did the bottom inside part of the driver door, where it gets all scratched up. It doesn't look new by any means but I think it looks better. I just really enjoy touching this thing up. I put on some rock and roll, and a respirator because those are some nasty fumes. I also did the rear door left door which wasn't nearly as scratched...it looks awesome!

For now I'm am using the old two wheeler for transport to and from school. I love bikes because I mostly understand them. I've been learning how to repair them for a couple years now, so I'm pretty comfortable with all the functions. I hope to get like that with cars someday...Attachment 22030Attachment 22031
    How many miles does your car have? And does it sound like either of these: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2w...yRvEW8xlNM-F7A

I just re-read your post. You should call the dealer back and tell them you don't want anything fixed or replaced unless it's covered by a recall or under warranty. If they won't then just leave it and drive it. If it knocks like my latest one then park it and source out a used one or sell it to dodge-aries Karl.

Last edited by Fummins; 09-16-2021 at 08:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's sitting at around 85,600km. I'd say kind of similar to your noises but much quieter. Here's the first video I posted - just listen to the last 3 seconds or so. Forgot to turn the radio off lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjZ...ab_channel=Cam

Here is a more recent one under the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZa...ab_channel=Cam

I will find out about the fix tomorrow and can update then. I'd rather not sell the car because I like everything else about it but we'll just have to see.

Okay have done some more forum reading. God I love this place. I think in my next oil change I will try a thicker type of oil. I think I have 0W20 (don't quote me on that I am brand new to this stuff) in right now, and I'll learn about which ones are thicker. If that doesn't work, I might just leave it. The car is out of warranty now, so if the engine blows up or something I'll just have to get something else, lol

- Car gets 'nervous' around 100km/h. Steering wheel vibrates...my guess is alignment issue but not 100% sure?

Check tires out, Could try to have them rebalanced if they're still in good condition. Terribly warped rotors could cause that too.Maybe a bent wheel? they're made of tin foil.
    These things are a little twitchy and rolly polly at speed. Especially with a crosswind.
    It's sitting at around 85,600km. I'd say kind of similar to your noises but much quieter. Here's the first video I posted - just listen to the last 3 seconds or so. Forgot to turn the radio off lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjZ...ab_channel=Cam

Here is a more recent one under the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZa...ab_channel=Cam

I will find out about the fix tomorrow and can update then. I'd rather not sell the car because I like everything else about it but we'll just have to see.
    I'll watch those later tonight, I'm speakerless til I get home. If you only have 86k you're barely 1/2 way through your powertrain warranty. But mitsu could be dicks and request proof of maintanence records. Maybe your mechanic could write up a bunch of made up stuff if this happens lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Okay a couple things. From what I heard from Mark the 160,0000km warranty is only for the original owner? I saw that on Mitsubishi's site too. But if they are nice about that I would just love that.

In terms of service I can compile some stuff. The car fax showed the guy before me was really good with servicing. But what about the previous owners? Thanks to Eggman I registered the car and can see all the service history from them too!! I will get screenshots and bring them with me to the dealer tomorrow. I can play dumb about the 160,000km warranty not being transferable. I actually did think that until Mark told me.

Okay a couple things. From what I heard from Mark the 160,0000km warranty is only for the original owner? I saw that on Mitsubishi's site too. But if they are nice about that I would just love that.

In terms of service I can compile some stuff. The car fax showed the guy before me was really good with servicing. But what about the previous owners? Thanks to Eggman I registered the car and can see all the service history from them too!! I will get screenshots and bring them with me to the dealer tomorrow. I can play dumb about the 160,000km warranty not being transferable. I actually did think that until Mark told me.
    I guess that depends on how you interpret it. It's a different world down there. Besides, don't believe everything you read on the internet.
    My 2014 was over 5 years old when I had the engine replaced in the spring of 2021...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It is definitely worth a try. Did you buy your 2014 used? If so that gives me hope. Either way I'll throw an update online tomorrow. I'm excited to make some progress on this.

It is definitely worth a try. Did you buy your 2014 used? If so that gives me hope. Either way I'll throw an update online tomorrow. I'm excited to make some progress on this.
    Yup. Bought it used in 2019 with 36k.
    Sounded just like yours. Thicker oil doesn't fix piston slap. It'd probably last a while but why not get try to get a free engine. Dodgearies k car karl got more than one free engine in his Mirages iirc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cam123 (09-17-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Okay you've got me excited now. Get ready for the update tomorrow.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-engine!/page4
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.
    Most of our cars at work sound similar to what my low mileage car did. They're mostly driven like rented mules. Highest one had 475k km before it was totalled. There are a dozen or two with 250-350k kms and one unicorn with over 400k km on the original engine and cvt!.

Oddly enough my current one with 290k sounded better than my 50k did until the other day lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good to hear, thank you for all your help and information. I am not giving up on Singer just yet. Not after I have spent 20 dollars on a paint pen and over an hour touching up the paint. Lol.