Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES + (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Singer
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES +
    Black
    Automatic

Ticking engine, hence the name. Car is sitting at around 85,700km, and the dealership said I could get another 100,000km out of the thing before it craps out if I treat it well. I'm gonna shoot for 200,000, because why not? Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll end up in the scrapyard at some point regardless.

Details

CD, radio, Bluetooth, enjoying the sewing machine vibes

Soft as heck and I love it

•  
    Comments: 74 / Views: 28126
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Just don't cover it with copper!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    7milesout coming in with the tip of the day!

I say to reduce the risk by 100%, simply remove the battery from the car. No chance of shock now!

Name:  roll safe .jpeg
Views: 395
Size:  88.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    7milesout coming in with the tip of the day!

I say to reduce the risk by 100%, simply remove the battery from the car. No chance of shock now!
    That's how I roll! 100% verbal value! Removing it is a good suggestion actually.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Cam123 (10-03-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Singer now has a block heater. Thanks for the installation guide!! This video isn't great but it's more for me to look back on than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtf-...ab_channel=Cam

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Singer sounds like a sewing machine, hence the name. But how about Singer who also sings?? I pulled out my dad's old CD collection from the garage and have been rocking out recently. Right now the CDs are just in a re usable grocery bag: simple, but no fun. So I decided to make a box for all the CDs. Since I've got too much time on my hands apparently I am making it out of some rusty scrap metal from the local yard. I'm gonna make it long enough to hold around 30 CDs. For a lid probably some bolts tacked on to hinge. Not sure how I will paint it yet.

Singer is working out to have some real personality.
    Name:  fresh from yard.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  97.4 KBName:  fresh from scrapyard.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  98.2 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-18-2021)

You could also burn them onto a flash drive and plug it into the usb cord in the glove box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    You could also create a MP3 CD which would reduce your CD count. In the 2015 owners manual beginning on page 7-21 it goes over the limits of how many folders, etc you can create. It goes into a lot of detail over the next 3 pages!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-19-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    You could also create a MP3 CD which would reduce your CD count. In the 2015 owners manual beginning on page 7-21 it goes over the limits of how many folders, etc you can create. It goes into a lot of detail over the next 3 pages!
    Ah thank you I appreciate it. The side panel sizes won't change which is good because I've already cut them, but the length could shorten quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins
    You could also burn them onto a flash drive and plug it into the usb cord in the glove box.
    That is simpler and more practical than what I plan on doing...but not quite as fun in my eyes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    That is simpler and more practical than what I plan on doing...but not quite as fun in my eyes.
    Ha! Make it an armrest and offer it up for sale here. Armrests are in high demand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can see why! I've gotten so used to consoles in other cars that the lack of one in this has actually thrown me a bit. Also not having the pocket on the back of the passenger seat is strange too. Just going to have to get creative storage wise though.

In good news, the vibrating wheel was due to one of my summer tires being off balance. The winters are on now, and when I reached 100km/h yesterday there was no vibration. Woo! Rear brakes are being done on it right now.

I am impressed with the suspension on this car. Sure the car feels like it'll roll if you swerve, but I'm finding it very hard to bottom this thing out. That makes it sound as if I'm trying, and I'm not. I'm not sadistic. However in our college parking lot there's a good size bump that I've seen a number of old civics bottom out on, but singer has no issue bouncing right over it. Same with speed bumps...of course I slow down but this little car would happily bounce over if I didn't. Good thing if I am ever in a car chase and cannot slow down for the speed bumps.