Thread: 3500 mile round trip range report in a 2121 Mirage G4 CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks

3500 mile round trip range report in a 2121 Mirage G4 CVT

hope the day is going good for everyone . on 8-29 I rolled down to Daytona beach fl from south Dakota in the g4 and boy this little girl kicked but!!! I had to make a stop in TN to change the oil for the 3000 mile change was @ 3200 by the time I stopped. I was not nice to her, I was doing 80- 90 mph a lot and I never felt like the rubber band was going to pop. I will say our g4 does dance around on the road being so little and the tires having a smaller contact patch. when I was going slower and keeping the ECO in she was sipping the gas, best on the idiot gauge was 50.1 and worst was 28 mpgs AC blasting all the time . I do wish I had the oem led head lights like I seen on a few peoples Mirage's but I didn't even know we could get that till after we got ours . next week when im off of work ill be doing the 2nd oil change on her. for what these cars are they rock!!! I got a few videos to post of her doing hills and some heavy rain just not there yet. have a great day and keep the awesome info coming.

you must go slow to go fasssst

check us out and say hi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrU...gkC80APKc3cDrA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bde269 For This Useful Post:

Wil B (09-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bde269 View Post
    hope the day is going good for everyone . on 8-29 I rolled down to Daytona beach fl from south Dakota in the g4 and boy this little girl kicked but!!! I had to make a stop in TN to change the oil for the 3000 mile change was @ 3200 by the time I stopped. I was not nice to her, I was doing 80- 90 mph a lot and I never felt like the rubber band was going to pop. I will say our g4 does dance around on the road being so little and the tires having a smaller contact patch. when I was going slower and keeping the ECO in she was sipping the gas, best on the idiot gauge was 50.1 and worst was 28 mpgs AC blasting all the time . I do wish I had the oem led head lights like I seen on a few peoples Mirage's but I didn't even know we could get that till after we got ours . next week when im off of work ill be doing the 2nd oil change on her. for what these cars are they rock!!! I got a few videos to post of her doing hills and some heavy rain just not there yet. have a great day and keep the awesome info coming.
    Thanks bde269 for the update. Any pictures of your trip?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bde269 View Post
    A CVT fluid and filter change would be highly recommended before 30k miles if you've driven under these circumstances. Heat is the killer of CVT's and our CVT cooler in the Mirage is lackluster at best.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ill get some pictures up when im off . were @ 5900 ish miles on our 2021 g4 . im going to take her in for the cvt change before the 30k. I know its not hard but with the life time warr I want it on record when it was done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bde269; 09-07-2021 at 10:16 PM.

check us out and say hi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bde269 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    not the best but what I had on me I was parking next store

check us out and say hi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    It's nice to know Mirages will still exist 100 years from now.

Most of all, I'm glad that I am not the only one who types things incorrectly at times!!!!!

I've owned a 2107 Mirage more than once on the forum!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    You guys and your fancy modern Mirages. The best thing is, your values won't drop for a hundred years or so.

The G4 should be mo' bettuh on the interstate. Longer wheelbase (better stability) and lower drag. I cruised my Hatch on the interstate at 80 mph with 3 sons in there with me, for 250 miles. It was just fine.

I can't understand any of the bad reviews of the car ... unless the point to owning a car is to maximize the squandering of money. Car *****s see 74 / 78 hp and immediately in their brains the car is terrible. W-R-O-N-G.

Sounds like a fun trip. Did you do it all at once? Or have to stop and sleep?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was a awesome trip, I just wish I could of took one or all of the crew with but with school in I had to pass.

Yes I suck at spelling/typing sorry all I know its punishing . id be dead if my life depended on it hahaha.

Im sure the hatch dances more but having a long box diesels and Yukon xls with 20's and 22's on them this little girl likes to move. In the wind and doing 80 she really lets you know it too haha. Nothing that I wouldn't want our oldest not to rack up the miles on her but just a different beast .

I love the 74/78 hp . Im going to do every thing I can to keep our G4 for a 100+ years too hahaha.

I did nap on the way down in TN for a few hours at a friends house, then I changed the oil quick. On the way home I napped
    in the car and she was 1000% better then a single cab s10 I had before too. ;-)

check us out and say hi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I've only been able to sleep in a car once. I guess I feel concerned about who's milling about around me to really relax. One time in my truck I got in the back to sleep, laying on one side. I slept exactly 4 hours. Sat up, noted the time (I was amazed how fast 4 hours went by), laid over the other direction and slept exactly 4 more hours. It was amazing. I was at a rest area, with a 24' enclosed trailer hooked up, parked with the big rigs. 11 pm to 7 am. It was amazing good sleep.

My Cummins Ram only has 16" wheels, long bed with 144" wheelbase. Very steady. But the steering is old school recirculating ball, and sucks, keeps me busy with continuous steering input.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)