Thread: European rear foglight option in 2014-2021 Mirage

European rear foglight option in 2014-2021 Mirage

(European rear foglight option in 2014-2021 Mirage)

Hello.
    I have thought of a legal and useful purpose for this rear fog light option in North America.

In Europe it is a bright red light to make your car easier to see in the fog.

I doubt it could be found in North America, because this light would be mistaken for brake lights.

I would like to use this pre-existing function for a rear bumper integrated auxillary back up light for those places that need better lighting at night.

I have had near misses with a number of things misplaced and left in the tall grass, that an auxiliary back up light would help with.

I need to know where the existing wiring might be, and where the fuse is located.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Criticism?
    Not without reason and a thoughtful answer.

I don't think the wiring is there at the back of the car. If it is I haven't seen it.
    I was able to activate the rear fog light switch and indicator on the cluster but that's as far as I got.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

What was your method to activate the switch on the cluster?

I used an autel scan tool. Maxi sys mini is what i have. I'm pretty sure I went into the etacs menu and activated it in there. Twisting the fog light switch on twice turned on the rear fog indicator on the cluster(iirc).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I used an autel scan tool. Maxi sys mini is what i have. I'm pretty sure I went into the etacs menu and activated it in there. Twisting the fog light switch on twice turned on the rear fog indicator on the cluster(iirc).
    That makes sense.
    I activated my fog lights using the legacy programming method.

A good scan tool would be easier, but I did not believe the OBD1 method was still there to use.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    it can be activated thru option coding additional relay on the fuse box and wiring, im planning on doing this i already installed the relay and found the harness to connect the wiring all the way from the back im just lazy to finish it, where do you suggest to put the lights on? on the one of the reverse light or on one of the reflector?

I have a license plate leangth x 4" wide Yellow tinted light bar to use as an auxillary back up light.

It would be easiest and could run off the reverse lights, but I don't want to overtax any of the factory original circuits and create a problem that will void the warranty.

Cool

Here is my auxillary back up light in It's Manilla (P.I.) style push bar frame
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a picture installed...

Nevermind... I posted it to my album.

I couldn't post the picture here for some reason.

Last edited by Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com; 10-05-2021 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Couldn't post pictures