Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My engine is effered

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here https://youtube.com/shorts/B_DavJ1ZLfY?feature=share
    It sounds way better now than it did yesterday! It’s still effered though.
    So we might finally get an answer to the pre 04/01/14 CVT7 interchangeability question!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The roller cam setup in the 17+ engine is nice, too.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    I just realized my math was a little off....If I keep the cores it'll cost $1500 for the cvt and engine, I paid $1000 for the car. Whoops! Still, I'd rather dump a little money into this thing than something like a focus or a cavalier.
    $2,500 Canadian is $1979 USD today. I don't feel deceived at all!!!!

$2,000-2,500 for a car with under 10,000 km on the powertrain would be amazing. If you have the ability to do that, I would go that route for sure!

If you bought someone else's junk for that amount of money, you wouldn't be any happier I believe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I think a 1,000 cc, parallel twin, 270° crank, turbo-diesel engine, with a 6-speed manual (o.d.) in a Mirage would be the baddest ass combo out there.

1. The mpg would have to be mind blowing. Into the 60's or 70's.
    2. The torque should be ... sufficient, if not more than just sufficient. Probably better low end torque than we have now.
    3. The sound of a 270° crank is pretty badass.
    4. A parallel twin could be packaged very easily, leaving plenty of room for a turbo and associated plumbing.
    5. It would last forever, and hold its value much better than it does now (barring the chip-tastic crap going on).

I know this valueless reply doesn't help your cause. But if you could find such a package, please install it, spare no expense for the custom mounting. Heck, we'll start a fund to pay for the mounting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (09-21-2021)

I've listened to more than a couple of Micra and Mirage videos from people who think their engines are making funny noises...

That takes the cake!

Not ambiguous.

It sounds way better now than it did yesterday! It’s still effered though.
    Worse before?! Yikes.

I assume you're like my brother and you & the p.o. never change engine oil because you think you're changing it a little at a time by topping up what it burns/leaks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've listened to more than a couple of Micra and Mirage videos from people who think their engines are making funny noises...

That takes the cake!

Not ambiguous.

Worse yesterday?! Yikes.

I assume you're like my brother and you & the p.o. never change engine oil because you think you're changing it a little at a time by topping up what it burns/leaks.
    It was way worse when driving home. It lost a lot of power and at idle would let a couple screeches out like it was gonna seize up. Then I started it up last night and it didn't sound nearly as bad!

No, I don't think it would have lasted this long being if it was neglected like that. I changed the oil when I bought it back in February. I only put about 6000km on it since then. I was planning to change it again in the next week before this happened.

I used to be pretty bad about oil changes on some vehicles that I never planned to keep for long, but those were usually free or $50 beaters that were rusted out basket cases that I plucked from the junkyard then sent them back when I was finished with them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I was planning to change [the oil] again in the next week before this happened.
    Saved an oil change! There's your blessing in disguise. Every cloud has a silver lining.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Saved an oil change! There's your blessing in disguise. Every cloud has a silver lining.
    Chuckle chuckle. That's a good one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Excellent. I look forward to your notes about engine replacement so I can see them when I finally get my hands on a car that needs one.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What about rebuilding your engine.