Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My engine is effered

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I thought you had a Dodge with a Cummins? When did you get an inferior engined truck with glow plugs?

Maybe you just need a new set of spark plugs. Diesel fuel tends to foul them out...
    Yes. Don't be picker of nits. I thought all those spots were taken?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

If anyone needs any engine parts let me know. I've got lots of usable parts left. Who wouldn't want an old oily connecting rod and piston hanging off their key ring? Or how about a flywheel, they make great Frisbee.

I'll tear the engine down further one of these days and make a list of what's still good.

I'd like to see how sloppy the timing chain is and how the cylinder walls look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yes. Don't be picker of nits. I thought all those spots were taken?
    I'm just pulling your chain. Since you've got a friendly chain to pull.

I wouldn't mind having the piston! I've got a rotor housing from my FD3S and a 6BT piston on my desk at work. Of course if someone needs it for actual use, they have priority over me...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Sold!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    If anyone needs any engine parts let me know. I've got lots of usable parts left. Who wouldn't want an old oily connecting rod and piston hanging off their key ring? Or how about a flywheel, they make great Frisbee.

I'll tear the engine down further one of these days and make a list of what's still good.

I'd like to see how sloppy the timing chain is and how the cylinder walls look.
    So Fummy, what was the deal with the date of 04/01/14 with our CVT7s? Was Mitsu officially saying there's no interchangeability with these part numbers? Well you proved them wrong or exposed some corporate bs on Mitsu Corp.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-01-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe you just need a new set of spark plugs. Diesel fuel tends to foul them out...
    When I was on the farm, we had a Diesel Crawler that started on Gas & had spark plugs & a carburetor like this
    (https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...7&&FORM=VDRVRV )& a couple of JD tractors that would start on gas & you would switch them to "Distillate" (we used Diesel in them) so, Yeah, as I remember, we used a lot of spark plugs in them... ( I still have a "Diesel" spark plug in my tool box to show the Apprentices that dont believe ) & no, they did not have a gas "Pony" starter...
    Last edited by klroger; 09-28-2021 at 01:07 AM.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-01-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I dunno. They have different part numbers. It seems to work fine in mine. I'm sure someone had to have tried this already though it is a bit of work and money for just an experiment...Finding interchange information for these cars is comparable to a Lada Niva. I was able to look up parts and interchangeability for my 1983 Suzuki SJ410 but not a 2014-2021 mirage.

I wonder if anyone in markets where they sold these things back in 2012 would have had any experience with this kinda swap or interchange info? Do 2012-early 2014 cvt's share the same part number?

I dumped another quart of cvt fluid in it an got the fluid up to just below the cold mark when it's running. So now I've dumped 6 quarts in there. Maybe the cooler is broken inside and it's dumping cvt fluid into the coolant.
    Leaking CVT fluid? All man, say it so? I hope this has nothing to do with the mystery "unicorn part" of the CVT7. Can you get a refund of the used CVT if it doesn't work out?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's possible they drained the torque converter out if you got the TC with the used trans.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-28-2021)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2of9 (10-15-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Are those paint markings a wrecking yard code, or factory markings??? What are the chances your car had a salvage engine in it all along??? Just thoughts...( or are these the pics of the replacement engine before install???)

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)