Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My engine is effered

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Maybe the mud was applied during a crash of the original vehicle...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe the mud was applied during a crash of the original vehicle...
    Who knows.

So far I couldn't find any differences between the early 2014 and 2017 cvts. All the connectors are the same, the case looks the same. They both use the same amount of wires for the big round plug that goes to the valve body.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-24-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Who knows.

So far I couldn't find any differences between the early 2014 and 2017 cvts. All the connectors are the same, the case looks the same. They both use the same amount of wires for the big round plug that goes to the valve body.
    Fingers f$#king crossed man!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Which would be good cause had the clutch slip on my truck today when merging into a freeway…fak. Time to sell it…
    Y'all have freeways? I thought it was all ice roads...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It’ll work. I think.
    I got the engine and transmission bolted together, swapped the old exhaust manifold over(I didn’t have an O2 sensor socket at home but had barely enough room to get to the two nuts on the top(12 mm hold manifold to head, 10mm for heat shield) spent a while removing all the cut hoses and connectors, ground wires, wiring harness clips. I replaced the cvt cartridge filter( because I have 3 that came with the car. The fluid was like new with a green tinge to it. And it stinks!

Gotta pick up some oil, oil filter, air filter, belt, and coolant tomorrow. I’ve got cvt oil already from the oil change I never did do.

Should have it back in the car tomorrow night and hopefully ready to go Saturday. Which would be good cause had the clutch slip on my truck today when merging into a freeway…fak. Time to sell it…
    That's awesome! I wonder even with this evidence of the early 2014s interchangeability I can convince Aamco or an independent shop that despite what their office computer says of it not being achievable, I could convince them otherwisw and give it a go, if my CVT7 fails prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That's awesome! I wonder even with this evidence of the early 2014s interchangeability I can convince Aamco or an independent shop that despite what their office computer says of it not being achievable, I could convince them otherwisw and give it a go, if my CVT7 fails prematurely.
    I'd only refuse to install a customer supplied part that isn't "supposed" to work if the customer wants me to experiment for free. If they're willing to pay me to do something whether it works or doesn't, I'd be soft in the head to turn them down unless I knew it wasn't gonna work out. If that's the case I'd explain why it wouldn't work and that it's a total waste of time and money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'd only refuse to install a customer supplied part that isn't "supposed" to work if the customer wants me to experiment for free. If they're willing to pay me to do something whether it works or doesn't, I'd be soft in the head to turn them down unless I knew it wasn't gonna work out. If that's the case I'd explain why it wouldn't work and that it's a total waste of time and money.
    That makes sense. Avoid the major corporate shops with their rules and find an independent that's willing to get paid to experiment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes they look like this 2 months out of the year when we have summer.
    In your Dodge, what do you set your cruise at on that expressway? 75? 80 mph?

Usually 617 or so.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Keep in mind he is bolting a 2017 CVT to a 2017 3A92 and putting both in a 2014 Mirage. Bolting a 2017 CVT to a 2014 3A92 may be a different story, but if the 2017 CVT works in the 2014 Mirage then it is definitely good news for you pre-4/14 guys.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-25-2021)