Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My engine is effered

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Year and miles? Any parts departing sides of block?
    The thread kinda got jumbled around having posts from 2 threads combined.
    It's a 2014 with 289k kms. Nothing blew out the sides. Rod bearing spun. Skim though and check out the pics. A bunch of the main bearing were on their way out too.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-01-2021),MetroMPG (11-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yow! High kms, 7 years not bad. I gotta start reading details: thread is TWELVE pages! Duh!

Will skim....all these engines 4 valve heads? Turbo?
    Karl

Yow! High kms, 7 years not bad. I gotta start reading details: thread is TWELVE pages! Duh!

Will skim....all these engines 4 valve heads? Turbo?
    Yeah 4 valves, no turbo on mine. Here, I believe stevedmc has the highest mileage Mirage on the forum. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...!-Leaderboard)
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-07-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have read many of your posts, looked at the great pictures you took, read other stuff, got a reply back from one guy confirming my worst fears: this engine has no steel or iron sleeves in the cylinders just some hard geek coating in the aluminum cylinder bores, right?!

I am somewhat calmed by the astounding miles YOU have gotten out of all the Mirage DELIVERY vehicles you repair and maintain! So, do I need to stop sweatin' Vega-Briggs-like cylinders and just change oil like I always have? Or go beat up the dealer and get a Toyota whatever?
    Karl

Have read many of your posts, looked at the great pictures you took, read other stuff, got a reply back from one guy confirming my worst fears: this engine has no steel or iron sleeves in the cylinders just some hard geek coating in the aluminum cylinder bores, right?!

I am somewhat calmed by the astounding miles YOU have gotten out of all the Mirage DELIVERY vehicles you repair and maintain! So, do I need to stop sweatin' Vega-Briggs-like cylinders and just change oil like I always have? Or go beat up the dealer and get a Toyota whatever?
    I just replied on the other thread. Most engine problems in these seem to be from people who live where it gets ball freezing cold 1/2 the year. The other are far and few. Usually people don't have many problems with these things that aren't easy fixes. Even if you need an engine or transmission, they're cheap and relatively easy to find. At least for now. Might not be the case in 10 years. But we'll all by flying space ships by then.
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just replied on the other thread. Most engine problems in these seem to be from people who live where it gets ball freezing cold 1/2 the year. The other are far and few. Usually people don't have many problems with these things that aren't easy fixes. Even if you need an engine or transmission, they're cheap and relatively easy to find. At least for now. Might not be the case in 10 years. But we'll all by flying space ships by then.
    With the kind of miles you have said plus this means I can take off the sweat!

I recall some years back that Honda was experimenting with a plasma spray of iron in cylinders to reduce the hassle and expense of ferrous sleeves. Honda ALWAYS have had steel or iton sleeves in their motorcycle engines and that was one of the reasons you could not kill 'em!

No more sweat here. Just oil changes and no overheat...
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Just change the oil, I'm over 100,000 miles now with no issues, no oil burning and the overwhelming majority have no issues either. The 3A92 has been proven to be very reliable with owners piling on hundreds of thousands of miles / kilometers with no problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-04-2021),Wil B (11-03-2021)