Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My engine is effered

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just re-discovered this thread about the changes from 2014 & 2015 to 2017 engine. It looks like my "new" 2017 engine should have 2 roller tipped camshafts, a more efficient timing chain, different pistons,rings, main bearings and front crank seal.

But I have no idea what the difference is with the transmission.

I feel like I'm getting slightly better fuel economy and need less throttle to get going but that just be me...I'm convinced I have a front wheel bearing making noise so I might break down and splurge $50 and buy some new Chinesium ones and hope they last more than a month. Might even break down and check the tire pressure!
    camshaft with roller cam lobes? i don't think mine have this one, i wonder what is the part no. of this cam and timing chain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i found out that we have the parts except for the exhaust cam, because mitsubishi faced out the old part no. but 2017-2022 model still not equipped with this new parts what a shame,

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Maybe pop out a piston or 3 while you're at it.

This guy on YouTube pulls apart engine cores. I don't know why but I can't turn away when he's disassembling an engine that you know someone grenaded.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

This guy on YouTube pulls apart engine cores. I don't know why but I can't turn away when he's disassembling an engine that you know someone grenaded.
    I pulled the pistons out. The one piston dropped down too far out of the hole when I was trying to get the rod bearing out so to get it out I had to hammer it back up destroying the rings.

I didn't get pics yet, stripped out engine got pushed to the corner to make room for a squeaking 13' Hemi(bad lifter).
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

I love this guy! "Piston McNuggets!" I was gonna suggest he tear apart a 3A92 as an April Fool's joke.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Just as a reminder of and older thread "how to reduce level of enrichment when cold".

It also reduces the likelyhood of pistons scoring cylinders because of excessive fuel washing off the thin oil film.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ment-when-cold
    Last edited by foama; 10-21-2021 at 06:51 AM.

I'll just get the recalls on my car done and keep parking in the heated garage all winter or use a block heater when it's full of other peoples broken cars.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At first i’m thinking how’s it possible your NA engine is knocking when they come with knock sensors and here i’m running no knock sensor with advanced timing on 17psi for months no issues ��

Then I saw your bearings lol… Isn’t it nuts how one guy can throw all the boost at stock engine having zero issues and another be cruisin in his daily and blow that chit up? Sometimes I myself don’t understand engines… Maybe contaminated oil?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DirtGearTv For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-05-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just blew the engine in my Mirage was cruising along at 60mph and noticed it was kind of a dog, more than usual. Engine was a little knocky, like it was detonating. No it was knocking…. Pulled over, didn’t see any oil or coolant. Limped it the rest of the way home…

sure would be nice to have a hoist that I ordered from
    Babco in February right about meow.
    Now do I buy a used motor and cvt, just a motor or kick it to the corner and buy something else…
    Year and miles? Any parts departing sides of block?

Karl