Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine noise. Update: fixed by belt replacement

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I have the same situation with mine. Going to have to do something with the belt. Hard to reproduce the noise reliably.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Take the belt off and try it. Who needs belts anyways.

My previous Mirage was the same. Noisy belt, I tightened it and it was good for a few days. Ended up just replacing it with a gates and then it shut up. My current car has a different brand belt, it doesn't have continuous ribs, it's been noisy for a while. I tightened it and it made no difference. I finally pulled the belt and took a close look at it and there were chunks missing from it...And the waterpump pulley has tons of grooves. It's also visibly worn down where the belt rides too. New engine and belt should fix that.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-23-2021 at 08:15 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks I just ordered one, going to try this first. Did yours stop after the car went three or four miles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    Thanks I just ordered one, going to try this first. Did yours stop after the car went three or four miles?
    Like PireFenguin mine is only on startup and around 2k RPM. Nothing at idle. Doesn't even happen every time. Certainly gone within 3-4 mins.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For those of you that ever have this issue the Gates K060483 fixed it. Thanks for the great advice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    For those of you that ever have this issue the Gates K060483 fixed it. Thanks for the great advice.
    Much thanks for getting back to us on this silverstreak.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)