Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery died - srs-ecu err3

I'd wonder if your dealers over there have access to Mitsubishi software updates or even the scan tools that most dealers have?

If trying to get your airbag module reprogrammed is out of the question then I'd get the part number off it by actually looking at the module itself. I can't remember where they are on these cars? Bolted to the floor at the front of the console or under one of the front seats? Should be a silver or black box with big yellow and or orange plugs with an arrow on it.

Then google the part number or just look for one on either ebay? But you've got to make sure you get one from a car that didn't have the airbags deploy in an accident. Then....I'm unsure as to whether you'd have to have the module programmed to the car? I haven't replaced an airbag module in a Mirage but have many other makes up to 2017 and they were all just plug and play.

Here's what it should look like. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224345985140 They're not all gonna be the same throughout the globe, some markets didn't come with roof or seat airbags afaik.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd wonder if your dealers over there have access to Mitsubishi software updates or even the scan tools that most dealers have?

If trying to get your airbag module reprogrammed is out of the question then I'd get the part number off it by actually looking at the module itself. I can't remember where they are on these cars? Bolted to the floor at the front of the console or under one of the front seats? Should be a silver or black box with big yellow and or orange plugs with an arrow on it.

Then google the part number or just look for one on either ebay? But you've got to make sure you get one from a car that didn't have the airbags deploy in an accident. Then....I'm unsure as to whether you'd have to have the module programmed to the car? I haven't replaced an airbag module in a Mirage but have many other makes up to 2017 and they were all just plug and play.

Here's what it should look like. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224345985140 They're not all gonna be the same throughout the globe, some markets didn't come with roof or seat airbags afaik.
    Wow thanks for all the information! Do you know if it is possible to reprogram the model after error b1479? Did I understand the TSB correctly? It looks like it could be done.

I don't know. I've never ran into that problem.

If you can I assume you'd need a dealer style scan tool and probably a subscription to Mitsubishi software. I've seen people program modules on GM vehicles this way using snap on scan tools. They had to pay per vehicle or per month to access the mfg confuser files.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    I don't know. I've never ran into that problem.

If you can I assume you'd need a dealer style scan tool and probably a subscription to Mitsubishi software. I've seen people program modules on GM vehicles this way using snap on scan tools. They had to pay per vehicle or per month to access the mfg confuser files.
    This is the error :
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...48753-9999.pdf

Looks like it could be reprogrammed if I understand correctly right?

It's possible. Whether that tsb applies to your market, I do not know. It'd be worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsb
    This TSB instructs dealers to reprogram the SRS-ECU with updated software to correct the issue. REQUIRED OPERATIONS
    1. Confirm your MUT-III is updated with the latest reprogramming database.
    2. Reprogram the SRS-ECU with the new software. Refer to the “SRS-ECU Reprogramming Chart”
    for new software information.
    SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
    If necessary, the following equipment is needed to reprogram the SRS-ECU.
    VCI (Vehicle Communication Interface) or VCI Lite - MB991824 or MB992744V.
    MEDIC Laptop/Tablet with A/C power adapter - MIT540031, or FZG1MK2.
    MUT-lll main harness 'A' (blue connector at the DLC end) - MB992745V
    USB 2.0 cable - RRAR1MBR108GL
    MEDIC 3.5/4 update at 557 or higher.
    For Standalone MUT-III units, MUT3 SE Reprogramming Database N180901 or higher.
    I don't think just any garage could do this for you. Hopefully you have a competent dealer.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    It's possible. Whether that tsb applies to your market, I do not know. It'd be worth a try.

I don't think just any garage could do this for you. Hopefully you have a competent dealer.
    Unfortunately the local dealers all want to replace the ecu, they tell me that they aren't aware of this option.

I don't think a do-it-yourselfer would be able to program the module without spending a lot on proper equipment. It looks like your best bet might still be to try and source out a cheap good used module and give that a try.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    if this TSB is applicable in your country just ask the dealership to run your VIN on their system to know if your unit is included on the recall if it is they will replace that regardless if its out of warranty, but i think this recall is not worldwide we did not have this issue here.
    Last edited by allrock; 09-29-2021 at 02:08 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-21-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    if this TSB is applicable in your country just ask the dealership to run your VIN on their system to know if your unit is included on the recall if it is they will replace that regardless if its out of warranty, but i think this recall is not worldwide we did not have this issue here.
    Don’t different countries have different regulations regarding cars? I wonder if the Philippines have the same regulations as the United States or even Israel as is the case with the original poster.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Well it turns out that our car unfortunately doesn't have a recall. I was informed by mitsubishi Israel that the TSB is American and they work by the European so it doesn't show as a possibility. They are checking if it is possible anyway. It seems crazy that all this happened because of a dead battery... If we do end up replacing the computer it will cost over 10% of the value of the car! Imagine if you're phone battery died and you would have to replace the screen! I expect mitsubishi to give us a discount on this fix.